Custom Made Bras in DR

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
anyone or shop you may know - even from their home - making custom-made bras for plus size women? Also, any good retailers, shops in Santo Domingo to buy fashionable clothing for plus size women?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I am not aware of any shops in Santo Domingo. Hopefully someone here may know of somewhere. Is ordering online and having it shipped an option maybe?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
You are not going to find such shops. The Dominicanas I know have zero sense of what constitutes a correctly fitted bra. If they like the color, they'll buy it. Which is why we see 38D's in 32A's.

I once measured my ama de llaves so that she would have support and coverage. She had been wearing a 38D. Her actual size was 44EE.

I have never seen/heard of/found a tienda de lingerie (Victoria's Secret?) with personnel qualified to do fittings. We always had my friend Lisa's Uncle Morty on Orchard Street (I am not kidding).

Five pounds up or down can make a difference in bra size. Go to Town Shop at Broadway and 82nd. Get fitted. Find your size and style. Buy them.

You are welcome.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I've searched a lot. Not the high end places but normal places like Sirena and such. I have not found 1 bra that covers side boobs. I just use a sports bra and keep eyes open for a real bra. I know I can get some from USA-Amazon-Walmart but without being able to try on I can't buy.

Reactions: keepcoming

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I've searched a lot. Not the high end places but normal places like Sirena and such. I have not found 1 bra that covers side boobs. I just use a sports bra and keep eyes open for a real bra. I know I can get some from USA-Amazon-Walmart but without being able to try on I can't buy.
Having the same problem I took the plunge last year. I looked at the last bra I liked and had purchased in canada and ordered the exact same model and size from there. It fit well enough, not perfectly as our body changes a bit.

The other option I was thinking of... is there a place that makes custom bras in this country? Anyone knows?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I had a close friend, plus sized, who lived in Santo Domingo for over 20 years. She had EVERYTHING made, even bathing suits. She passed away a couple of years ago, so, sadly, I can’t ask for the contact info of her seamstress. But they exist!!