BBC News: Over 200 People Violently Killed in 10 Days

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The point trying to be made by the mods is to keep the posts related to the topic of the thread. Otherwise, threads tend to go awry.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
AE is the moderator of the Haiti forum, I believe
So
up to her
I would rather just continue and not have to search and post to other threads
Do you not know how to subscribe to threads?

Should we just have one Dominican Republic thread where people can post anything about the DR?

How about suggestions of how we can deal with the problems of gangs and violence in this thread.

You are correct, AE is the mod on this forum; I simply mentioned the thread was going off course from the original post.

Reactions: keepcoming

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, I’ve been the mod of Haiti forum since it was created following the big quake. It’s the only DR1 forum that is not specifically DR related.

That being said, the individual threads within the forum should all have posts related to the initial post/thread title. In this case it’s about gang violence. The positive posts are great, but they belong in a separate thread. I’m going to try to segregate them and move them.

Let’s keep this one for gang violence in Haiti.

Here’s the new thread:

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yes, I’ve been the mod of Haiti forum since it was created following the big quake. It’s the only DR1 forum that is not specifically DR related.

That being said, the individual threads within the forum should all have posts related to the initial post/thread title. In this case it’s about gang violence. The positive posts are great, but they belong in a separate thread. I’m going to try to segregate them and move them.

Let’s keep this one for gang violence in Haiti.

Here’s the new thread:

Well --
I only post on Haiti
And don't read the rest of DR as I have not been there for 8 years

Nan and Vegas are the only ones who respond
There are 8k views on this thread
So

Ok... I will keep posting
perhaps
but if y'all don't speak up and start a conversation with me

I will take my mouse and leave

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Well --
I only post on Haiti
And don't read the rest of DR as I have not been there for 8 years

Nan and Vegas are the only ones who respond
There are 8k views on this thread
So

Ok... I will keep posting
perhaps
but if y'all don't speak up and start a conversation with me

I will take my mouse and leave
We enjoy your posts Annie. I especially do, as you bring a different perspective from me.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
We enjoy your posts Annie. I especially do, as you bring a different perspective from me.
thanks Nan - I know that I contribute but I am only now really interested in Haiti - as th DR is doing just fine,

I assume that there are USState Dept and DR gov't reading this thread....

And I know how the Mods want to keep everything neat and tidy

But I do think it important to have a BALANCE
in that
Haiti is a Beautiful County
And
most folks think of it only as a hell hole

So - if there are actually DR one members reading it - even if only entertainment
it would great to get more than an
admonition
or
argument

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
https://haitiliberte.com/families-a...risonment-of-lifelong-u-s-residents-in-haiti/

all who presented at the Southern Border under #Bidan were immediately deported
#Obama was deporter in chief

I know this is about protests in the USA but the issue contributes to the insecurity and violence in Haiti
n Tue., Aug. 23, about 20 people rallied at Haiti’s Consulate General in Manhattan to demand the release of Patrick Julney, Jean Bertrang Casimir, Billy Balisage, Saguens Bernabe, John Dor, and other longtime U.S. residents who were incarcerated in Haiti’s National Penitentiary without charges or trial when deported there earlier this year. At the rally, families delivered a petition to Consul General Marie Andrée Amy while also demanding that the Biden Administration halt all deportations to Haiti immediately.

“This is a life or death situation,” said Haydi Torres from Movimiento Cosecha. “Struggling to make ends meet here, families must also send money to their loved ones in prison so they can eat and get the medications they need to survive. Every day that goes by, their health and well-being deteriorate.”

• Sad
Reactions: stateofmind