Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
One Delay after the other ... is this Normal in the DR ? or are they just stretching this out until people stop showing up in Court in Support of the Victim .
No International News Org can possibly cover this , the expenses would be Astronomical, and they know this .

Reactions: cavok and Auryn

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
One Delay after the other ... is this Normal in the DR ? or are they just stretching this out until people stop showing up in Court in Support of the Victim .
No International News Org can possibly cover this , the expenses would be Astronomical, and they know this .
This is normal…

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe they are hoping those attending trial hearings will give up, pass away or go back to their home country.
Hopefully the next time they convene evidence is given and the trial commences

Reactions: cavok and jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The bottom line now is as long as they stay in jail all these delays mean zero to them.............Just need to keep them where they are.............

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
We need to be a bigger "voice" in this matter. The fact that they are still enjoying being alive and having hope for the future is not acceptable.The travel distance and time to go to the court house only to get a continuance is not worth the effort. However, the power of the pen might be an effective way to get this jump started. Clearly, there are members of the forum that know how to write , communicate, and get things done. Could we make something like this (and the abuses of the system) be part of social media and make it go viral so as to attract the attention of those people in the DR that would make a difference? If we could be effective in drawing unwanted attention to this matter we might be able to shake things up.
I'm proposing: To put a new face on this tread. A pro-active endeavor whose sole goal is to have this issue of "three years, nothing happening" put in the front of international media. To shame to court system of the DR. To embarrass those that are willing to slow up the justice system. To have this "negative vibe" brought to the level of the even the president .To have him saying and thinking -This is not a good thing.
In order to accomplish this we need: The members of this board to contribute any and all ideas as to how we can as a group can be astrong voice and use social media to our advantage. Let's not sit back and say-Well that's the way it works here.Let's an least give it a try and do it in such a way that would make us proud that WE got this thing settled for. the family and loved ones.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You absolutely NAILED it Johne..... even those of us who did not know her personally are DISGUSTED by this .. One day it may be someone really close to us, who we Love , do we wait til then to DO something ?... 3 years, and Nothing ? , while the 90 year old Mom waits for Justice .. its a total Disgrace . Letters should be written to the President . that People will take to Social Media , and Blast the DR System, People will stop coming , Tourism will be affected if justice is not Served swiftly in this Obvious Case where everyone knows who is guilty , there are NO other Suspects .

Reactions: whirleybird

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I am going to ask again to please keep your comments on topic. This thread is for trial updates. I realize everyone feels very strongly about getting justice for Lindsay and rightfully so. But we really want to keep this thread for trial updates.

Reactions: JD Jones and Abuela

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
We need to be a bigger "voice" in this matter. The fact that they are still enjoying being alive and having hope for the future is not acceptable.The travel distance and time to go to the court house only to get a continuance is not worth the effort. However, the power of the pen might be an effective way to get this jump started. Clearly, there are members of the forum that know how to write , communicate, and get things done. Could we make something like this (and the abuses of the system) be part of social media and make it go viral so as to attract the attention of those people in the DR that would make a difference? If we could be effective in drawing unwanted attention to this matter we might be able to shake things up.
I'm proposing: To put a new face on this tread. A pro-active endeavor whose sole goal is to have this issue of "three years, nothing happening" put in the front of international media. To shame to court system of the DR. To embarrass those that are willing to slow up the justice system. To have this "negative vibe" brought to the level of the even the president .To have him saying and thinking -This is not a good thing.
In order to accomplish this we need: The members of this board to contribute any and all ideas as to how we can as a group can be astrong voice and use social media to our advantage. Let's not sit back and say-Well that's the way it works here.Let's an least give it a try and do it in such a way that would make us proud that WE got this thing settled for. the family and loved ones.

May I suggest that you start another thread and maybe those who are interested can then form a little group and can use the message function to send group messages. If you do start some sort of campaign, I am happy to help by making sure the important people that I know are aware of it and hopefully raise it to even more important people.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
May I suggest that you start another thread and maybe those who are interested can then form a little group and can use the message function to send group messages. If you do start some sort of campaign, I am happy to help by making sure the important people that I know are aware of it and hopefully raise it to even more important people.
It would be best to send PM's amongst those interested rather than start a new thread.

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
The last court day of the trial was yesterday 27th not 29th as we all thought and it was a busy day. Now the next date is 12th October it seems and possibly 3 more dates to follow.
Oh ok thanks, any idea what went on? No updates from admin.? 3 dates left? hmm

Britboy

Oct 30, 2021
Samana
What a farce. The judiciary is obviously not fit for purpose. I can only imagine the anguish for all involved. Got a bad feeling on this one. Been watching from afar and it's seems they might wriggle of the hook.

Reactions: jd426
Status
Not open for further replies.