BBC News: Over 200 People Violently Killed in 10 Days

Big

Apr 24, 2019
wonder who taught him how to conceal weapons? I am sure he is proud of himself.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Annie have you thought of maybe starting a Haiti1.com message forum? What's your morbid interest with the place?
Clearly, the country fits the definition of the word "morbid" because of the conditions that exist there currently. But, that would be true of dozens of countries in the world that face death and destruction on an hourly basis. However, on a personal note my "morbid interest" in the subject matter is...they live "across the hall" from me and that has/could, have an impact on my life.
As far as creating a Haiti message forum I'm sure you know that there are many of them on line that you can reach out to. Should be easy for you to connect.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Right dr1 has decided to have a Haiti sub forum because of the impact Haiti has on the Dominican Republic. It was started I believe just after the major earthquake in 2010. There are several on here who seem to have a morbid interest in other countries and their policies and posting about it here on a Dom Rep forum seems sometimes very strange.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Right dr1 has decided to have a Haiti sub forum because of the impact Haiti has on the Dominican Republic. It was started I believe just after the major earthquake in 2010. There are several on here who seem to have a morbid interest in other countries and their policies and posting about it here on a Dom Rep forum seems sometimes very strange.
What is stranger to me is that individuals come to the Haiti Forum that is clear marked as such and have nothing useful to add.
Why does a self proclaimed accomplished writer only enter the Haiti forum only to complain?

Haiti shares the island with the Dominican Republic.
Clearly, the country fits the definition of the word "morbid" because of the conditions that exist there currently. But, that would be true of dozens of countries in the world that face death and destruction on an hourly basis. However, on a personal note my "morbid interest" in the subject matter is...they live "across the hall" from me and that has/could, have an impact on my life.
As far as creating a Haiti message forum I'm sure you know that there are many of them on line that you can reach out to. Should be easy for you to connect.
Those who contribute their time and energy keeping us informed about Haiti should be appreciated and welcomed. @mountainannie and @NanSanPedro are very informative and provide tremendous value to me.

All who have no interest in Haiti can feel free to simply not read the posts in this forum.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
@mountainannie and @NanSanPedro are both caring people who make efforts to assist people to help themselves.

Those who only want to complain and be negative bring nothing of value to the table, and should be encouraged to be quiet and stay out of the way ;)

Those who are at least open to assisting others and willing to contribute, in many possible ways and not only financially, should be acknowledged and promoted and encouraged to keep the faith and to do what they can.

Haiti is a very complex country in great and often self-inflicted difficulty, and while it's easy to say "Haitians need to make Haiti a better place, from the inside and by themselves" there is no clear path to do so.

It's clear that someone has to do something and that while it must come from within and by Haitians it's also clear that it's not that simple. Also, that outside resources and assistance would be both necessary and beneficial yet it needs to be a Haitian initiative, led and controlled by Haitians and backed by Haitians and groups, people and organizations, and Governments even that are willing and able to provide all manners of support. Just not as it has been in the past where the majority of money and supplies never reached the people most in need and little to nothing was completed or improved.

"If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem"