RD$20 billion spent to get the DR back on its feet

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Raquel-Peña-Luis-Abinader-Joel-Santos-El-Nuevo-Diario-1024x630.png

The Presidency estimates at around RD$20 billion the relief efforts carried out by the government to help people recover after Hurricane Fiona. The Presidency says there has been significant progress in the restoration of basic services, removal of debris and repair of housing. The government has also provided food rations for the needed.

In a report presented on Monday, 26 September 2022 evening from the Presidential Palace, President Luis Abinader mentioned that more than 4,653 homes had already been rebuilt with materials and crews provided by government social services. He said this is around 50% of the homes that were most affected by the hurricane.

He said that more than 242,503 cooked meals were served to victims of the hurricane and another 10,770 raw rations had been delivered via the Comedores Economicos social program.

Likewise, he...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Man.... RD$20 billion in the space of a few days.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would not believe much of this. The dominican government helps itself…leftovers maybe to its citizens. We all know this. Sad they need to pat themselves.
As we post the DR Govt. is fixing roofs of houses affected by the Fiona at no cost. Does your Govt do this? I doubt it.....................................

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Replacing them with the same roof they had before, probably much better secured. The object is to get roofs over heads.
The DR Govt. does more in instances like this then any Govt. I heard of. "First World" countries give you the middle of a bagel when this hits. And insurance companies will find a dozen ways to screw you............

Reactions: JD Jones

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
$20 Billion RD could be more than enough to fix the sewer problem, create 100,000 jobs for poverty people, fix electric system and re-pave roads entirely in Santo Domingo. Go figures.

Reactions: aarhus