DR is #3

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Great music. Great cigars. Great rum. I found the people really nice. Yes, the food is not great. It sometimes feels like a step back in time.

Yes I will agree that Cubans are generally friendly and there is surprisingly little crime there considering how little they have. My ex said that they all live in the prettiest prison in the world. There is hardly any internet access though and you generally have to pay by the minute to connect, imagine how frustrating that would be.

Reactions: ramesses

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
F
Yes I will agree that Cubans are generally friendly and there is surprisingly little crime there considering how little they have. My ex said that they all live in the prettiest prison in the world. There is hardly any internet access though and you generally have to pay by the minute to connect, imagine how frustrating that would be.
From what I hear there is not anything positive to report from Cuba anymore. I doubt it’s still pretty and safe.The last 5 years it has gotten even worse and it will get worse. There is a new US rule that you loose your Esta visa status to the US if you have been to Cuba. It’s unclear if it’s from 2021 when the rule was introduced or if it goes back from 2011. That will have a huge impact on tourism to Cuba.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah, step back in time. Lovely jazz clubs in Havana.

They want to know where you are.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We went to Cuba in June of this year for a week. $685 CDN all in from Western Canada. The beaches and people were as good as I remembered from almost 15 years ago.
Somehow the food got worse. In all fairness Cuba was just reopening from covid.
It's probably better now if they got power back

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
We went to Cuba in June of this year for a week. $685 CDN all in from Western Canada. The beaches and people were as good as I remembered from almost 15 years ago.
Somehow the food got worse. In all fairness Cuba was just reopening from covid.
It's probably better now if they got power back
Well you are Canadian so you won’t be affected by the new US travel restriction. People from Esta countries loose their Esta status if they travel to Cuba. They then have to apply for a visa if they travel to the US and go for an appointment at the US embassy. No shit.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Well you are Canadian so you won’t be affected by the new US travel restriction. People from Esta countries loose their Esta status if they travel to Cuba. They then have to apply for a visa if they travel to the US and go for an appointment at the US embassy. No shit.
I believe you. We have several American friends that would love to visit Cuba but due to reasons that are so completely out of date its still not possible.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I believe you. We have several American friends that would love to visit Cuba but due to reasons that are so completely out of date its still not possible.
Cuba does NOT stamp your passport. I used to go to Nassau on a rt ticket and go to Havana from Nassau and back to Nassau. Then using my US return from Nassau. No problem of any kind That was well before I got my DR Passport. Now that is all I need.............

Reactions: JD Jones

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Cuba # 1 no me hagan reír...Ja Ja Ja.

I have been following a couple Cubans YouTubers... piece of sh**t

JJ

Reactions: KyleMackey