Haiti News and Politics

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Nan was saying he did not understand how the US might be discussing Guantanamo ( I just assume everyone knows what that is) so I pointed out that it was - a place where
anyone can discuss anything
and
especially in Haiti - it takes a very long time to discern Who is credible? What is happening? Who is just screaming into the wind? Who is speaking from the comfort of their offices in NY or Montreal? Who has actually ever been to Haiti? Who is more afraid of the US Marines than BBQ?

It is really tough to find literate folks who have any connection to the gangs -
What we are learning is that journalists are being killed off
pretty much
right and left

And THAT is certainly not a good sign
And Trudeau has a REAL concern - what seems a very heart felt concern -
And his country is not teetering right now - as Biden's is....

Life on the ground there is returning a bit to normal
Gas is very expensive - which might turn out to be a good thing -- as it will turn back into a more agricultural place
The City is pretty much not working

Important stuff - like the film for a pretty famous film maker - his 5th should have been finished by now
has been stuck in customs months

The Madame Sarahs are retuning to market
It is just that TRAFFIC by Road - as in imports and exports
have been stopped

Gas is being sold at $39 a gallon

Stay home. Cook rice and beans. Keep Chickens. Go back to the countryside where the food falls from the trees.
Things are just settling down.

So Do Not Even Think Of Taking A Boat

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Nan was saying he did not understand how the US might be discussing Guantanamo ( I just assume everyone knows what that is) so I pointed out that it was - a place where
and
especially in Haiti - it takes a very long time to discern Who is credible? What is happening? Who is just screaming into the wind? Who is speaking from the comfort of their offices in NY or Montreal? Who has actually ever been to Haiti? Who is more afraid of the US Marines than BBQ?

It is really tough to find literate folks who have any connection to the gangs -
pretty much
right and left

Gas is very expensive - which might turn out to be a good thing -- as it will turn back into a more agricultural place

Important stuff - like the film for a pretty famous film maker - his 5th should have been finished by now
has been stuck in customs months

The Madame Sarahs are retuning to market
It is just that TRAFFIC by Road - as in imports and exports
have been stopped

Gas is being sold at $39 a gallon

Stay home. Cook rice and beans. Keep Chickens. Go back to the countryside where the food falls from the trees.
Things are just settling down.

So Do Not Even Think Of Taking A Boat
As long as film crew equipment is stuck in customs, as long as earthquake aid trucks are hijacked, as long as missionaries are held ransom, as long as new investors have their plants overtaken by thugs, as long as fuel is being controlled by unknown people, the country will never change and will only get worse and nobody will want to invest there. You will only have the fruit that falls from the trees, assuming they are not cut down and burned for fuel.

Reactions: KyleMackey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
and

pretty much
right and left

What kind of psycho babble is this ?

• Haha
Reactions: johne

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A Haitian woman by the name of Yvanosky Joachin, wife of the Haitian governor of Belladere, was arrested by Dominican border authorities at the El Carril border crossing Elías Piña prior to entering Haiti.

Why you may ask?

She was in a jeepeta... full of arms. Illegal arms trade.

My questions are:

What are the arms intended for? Further supplies to Haitian gangs or arms for Haitian civilians/business owners/etc to protect themselves from the gangs?

Where in the DR did she got the arms? Who gave them to her? Dominicans or Haitians using the DR to expedite arms to Haiti?

Lastly, does anyone believes she was going to cross the border with all those arms and not have enough money to bribe the border authorities? What happen to the suppose corruption at the border?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I only get the intro - not the actual audio of what #BBQ is saying... No worries.. I understand most of his Kreyol..
and the folks that NEED to understand the exact words - DO understand every word. Thanks,..
You can also listen to the talk on laptop and record to google voice translate on your smart phone. Did that yesterday just to check. It works. Need no noise in background. There is, Im sure ,an easier way but thats all I know.

Reactions: mountainannie