Shout Out to the Voramar

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I just spent 4 days/nights at the Voramar by Playa Chiquita. I paid 2750 DOP/night and that included breakfast - a very good and filling breakfast.

The hotel is run by a European (German I think) with his Dominicana wife and at least one kid. The place is superbly run. Friendly and excellent service. The rooms are well maintained and the pool is crystal clear. For the price, I don't think you can beat it. I would never hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to crash.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I just spent 4 days/nights at the Voramar by Playa Chiquita. I paid 2750 DOP/night and that included breakfast - a very good and filling breakfast.

The hotel is run by a European (German I think) with his Dominicana wife and at least one kid. The place is superbly run. Friendly and excellent service. The rooms are well maintained and the pool is crystal clear. For the price, I don't think you can beat it. I would never hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to crash.
Unbeatable!

JJ

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Excellent place. It's been a few years but always a great stay.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015

It is run by a Dutch (from the Netherlands). But for the rest you are right, great hotel, great food, excellent service etc. Love it.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
First best?????
its debatable . .Everyone seems to have their own personal favorite

The German Place in Cabarete is supposedly very very Good .. I cant wait to try them

In Sosua , My Personal favorite is Andys Schnitzel at Rancho Hotel near Playa Alicia .. Andy, and Klaus used to have the Romanoff Restaurant .
Klaus went back to Germany .

Orchidee , not sure if its Open is probably the best overall ..
The place on Pedro , ( i wont name them), are nice to SIT down and drink ,but I would not call them a proper Schitzel place

Reactions: ramesses

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Just how many Schnitzel places are there in Sosua?

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Just how many Schnitzel places are there in Sosua?
Pretty much every German, Austrian, and Dutch restaurant ( and there are quite a few ) do Schnitzel. A couple that I know will also do a Chicken Schnitzel for those who don't or can't eat pork. EL Rancho and Germany Bar and Grill do a very good chicken one, so I'm told

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Owner's name.is Henk. He's from Holland. Wife's name is Myra. Good people.
I know him well and I've stayed at his hotel at least a dozen times in the last 5 years. Had I known you were heading up to Sosua I would have provided you with his contact info.
Prices are a little higher these days but the service is excellent and the staff do a fantastic job. Two nice pool tables as well.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
In my opinion. Schnitzel at Voromar is the best in town. Tino is the chef there and originally was the Chef at Orchidee. Good place. Good food. Good price.
If TINO is the Chef, then I CONCUR 100% ..

come to think of it , someone DID mention before that he is now there

IMO, Contest over , hands down .

Reactions: Big

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
In regards to Voramar, Henk and Myra run the restaurant and hotel to a standard that others should admire. They have a great reputation and always has great staff. The best decision they made was but taking on Tilo, (please note that his name is Tilo Frister, and not Tino). His dishes, although simple, are absolutely delicious. It is like European homestyle cuisine. As mentioned by others, his schnitzel is absolutely incredible. Others have also mentioned some very worthy restaurants for those that like schnitzel, and El Rancho is amongst the best, as is the Bayerischer Hof in Cabarete. I too would rank Tilo's schnitzel as the best in the area. He is very proud of his food and makes an effort to come out of the kitchen to see if the meal is good. He also makes some delicious curries along with many other great dishes. The bar staff are always first class. I really like going there for dinner.