Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Maybe 2024 - It is obvious they are delaying to make people lose interest and maybe when they think everyone has drifted away they will cut a deal for time served.
I doubt that. Covid caused a massive backlog in the courts around the world. I think the way they're operating this trial is just to try and keep as many cases moving as possible.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Yesterday the defense presented 6 character witnesses for the defendants, not impressive. Next court date is November 16.

I'm not surprised, but it is quite sad to think that after almost 3 years in jail that's all that the four of them could come up with.

Reactions: whirleybird

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm not surprised, but it is quite sad to think that after almost 3 years in jail that's all that the four of them could come up with.

I believe that’s all they had time for. Courts are still backlogged, and there was another case before theirs on Tuesday. Their trial didn’t begin until about 12:30 pm, so only about half day. There may be more witnesses next month.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I believe that’s all they had time for. Courts are still backlogged, and there was another case before theirs on Tuesday. Their trial didn’t begin until about 12:30 pm, so only about half day. There may be more witnesses next month.

But is that the sum total of their defence? A gaggle of people trooping in saying they couldn't have done it because they were nice guys?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
But is that the sum total of their defence? A gaggle of people trooping in saying they couldn't have done it because they were nice guys?
That remains to be seen, no one knows their plans. I believe they submitted a witness list, but unknown what their strategy is

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That remains to be seen, no one knows their plans. I believe they submitted a witness list, but unknown what their strategy is
I hope her family has some form of legal council in their corner keeping the pressure on this scumbag. If not this may not end well.

Reactions: irishpaddy

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yesterday closing arguments/statements began. I’m told the fiscal/magistrada gave a very powerful and moving speech. Defense is claiming everything is circumstantial and they refute scientific evidence like GPS, etc. Time ran out, and they will resume December 16th. It is expected that on that day the judges will also retire to chambers after statements, to return the verdict that same day.

I have been asked to plead with all Lindsay’s friends in the DR, begging them to sit in the courtroom on December 16th. This is your last chance to show support for the woman who helped everyone who asked. Consider a carpool, share a rental, etc. The court is in Santiago Rodriguez (not Santiago de Los Cabelleros!!!). It’s vital that the judge sees there is foreigner support and interest.

If you have contacts in the press, NOW is the time to arrange for them to be in court on the 16th.

It’s almost over.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Yesterday closing arguments/statements began. I’m told the fiscal/magistrada gave a very powerful and moving speech. Defense is claiming everything is circumstantial and they refute scientific evidence like GPS, etc. Time ran out, and they will resume December 16th. It is expected that on that day the judges will also retire to chambers after statements, to return the verdict that same day.

I have been asked to plead with all Lindsay’s friends in the DR, begging them to sit in the courtroom on December 16th. This is your last chance to show support for the woman who helped everyone who asked. Consider a carpool, share a rental, etc. The court is in Santiago Rodriguez (not Santiago de Los Cabelleros!!!). It’s vital that the judge sees there is foreigner support and interest.

If you have contacts in the press, NOW is the time to arrange for them to be in court on the 16th.

It’s almost over.
I am not familiar with Dominican criminal law. What did you mean when you wrote "Time ran out". Also, why is there a one month delay until the next court date?

Reactions: jd426

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am not familiar with Dominican criminal law. What did you mean when you wrote "Time ran out". Also, why is there a one month delay until the next court date?

Court hours for the day ran out, nothing to do with law.

It’s been weeks between court days since the beginning.

Reactions: Howeller63

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017

It’s almost over.
Thank you for the update! I sure hope they considered previous incidents, and they don't get away with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.