DR Expels up to 700 Haitians Daily

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
What business does the US have in forcing itself on yet another country?
Not having another group of refugees from the island flooding its coasts (either in the mainland or elsewhere) as well as correcting some of the boneheaded decisions of previous administrations, such as the Clintonian one of disbanding the army, taken at the instances of the terminally retarded folks at the Congressional Black Caucus and USDOS, and their criminal buddy on the island, Jean Bertrand Aristide.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Entering ILLEGALLY , Like if one of us were to take a BOAT into the DR under the cover of darkness, you would be in a World of Problems , when exposed , because they will assume you were involved in some pretty shady activity ..
Skin color has NOTHING do do with it .
Most Haitians don't enter the country by or under the cover of darkness. They walk across the border in broad daylight, paying those who are supposed to stop them.

In my opinion, skin colour has EVERYTHING to do with it. I can't see otherwise why my dark-skinned Dominican friend has been arrested and detained several times. I have also heard a couple of stories (which I can't prove) of dark Americans being arrested.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Most Haitians don't enter the country by or under the cover of darkness. They walk across the border in broad daylight, paying those who are supposed to stop them.

In my opinion, skin colour has EVERYTHING to do with it. I can't see otherwise why my dark-skinned Dominican friend has been arrested and detained several times. I have also heard a couple of stories (which I can't prove) of dark Americans being arrested.

So are you saying that if Haitians were predominantly white they would be treated differently? They would be welcomed with open arms by the DR?

Reactions: jd426

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Your dark-skinned Dominican friend has Haitian facial features, correct. I assume with the number of years you have lived in the DR that you know Dominicans can normally see/know/hear the difference between a Haitian and a Dominican ethnic wise. Color may play a part in identification of Haitian people, but it is only a part of it. Several years ago, a nice-looking dark girl showed up at the school with a resume. I thought she was Haitian, but my wife knew as soon as she looked at her that she was Dominican.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A question for those members that need help in their business or home. The type of help that Haitians are capable of doing and have been doing for a very long time in many countries around the world: Do you employ Haitians without the proper type of documentation that you would ask of a Dominican?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

" but OTOH
Entering ILLEGALLY , Like if one of us were to take a BOAT into the DR under the cover of darkness, you would be in a World of Problems , when exposed , because they will assume you were involved in some pretty shady activity ..
Skin color has NOTHING do do with it .

Where in my ABOVE statement did you deduce that " one of us" = a Haitian ?

First I separated with On the other Hand
and then was specifically speaking about SNOW BIRDS and OTHER Expats et al , " like us" , if one were also to choose to enter the Country, Illegally , I even gave the Boat Example . as compared to Haitians.

I'm confused by your confusion . I thought it was pretty clear
maybe I need a Law Degree to post further .
2nd time my English Skills were questioned in same thread .

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Any discussion of government policy of the 🇩🇴 by individuals who are not able or willing to influence such policy is well...

The decision as to how the 🇩🇴GOV plans to handle the current crisis in 🇭🇹 has already been made.
For those looking for answers you can find them in the actions of 🇩🇴GOV.
Amen. For those that feel the government should go all in, like hi stakes poker, or "do all they can"...have not read each and every directive or ruling issued by Luis and company. What he/government is going to do, has done, and will continue to do, is clearly written between the 4 corners of those notices. Comments, suggestions, cockamamy ideas, especially by expats with no vote/voice is worth less than dirt off the bottom of our shoes.
These are the opinions of the writer. It's possible my opinion is worth even less. IDK. Not my country. Visting.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A question for those members that need help in their business or home. The type of help that Haitians are capable of doing and have been doing for a very long time in many countries around the world: Do you employ Haitians without the proper type of documentation that you would ask of a Dominican?
In our case, nope.

Reactions: johne

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So are you saying that if Haitians were predominantly white they would be treated differently?
Reference is made to post #49
US Embassy alert is included.
The information and warnings of the alert has your answer.

Asked and answered ‼️

Reactions: drstock

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Reference is made to post #49
US Embassy alert is included.
The information and warnings of the alert has your answer.

Asked and answered ‼️

Wrong. It’s not asked and answered.

My question was to a specific poster about Haitians based on a comment he made.

Thanks for trying though.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Wrong. It’s not asked and answered.
My question was to a specific poster about Haitians based on a comment he made.
Thanks for trying though.
:rolleyes:

So you think my response did not answer your question.
That is ok.
But when it comes to how people are being treated in 🇩🇴 post #42 is supported if not proved by the US Embassy alert.
💥🔥💫

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

That is ok.

But when it comes to how people are being treated in 🇩🇴 post #42 is supported if not proved by the US Embassy alert.
💥🔥💫
The planeload of Black Jamican Canadians that came down from Toronto with me in October went through customs almost as fast as me, a Dominican citizen with white skin. Perhaps its an American thing.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002

That is ok.

💥🔥💫

Few things here.

Going forward : do not quote someone and strike out their comments ever again. SMH

Also, let me try again; again.

drstock was discussing Haitians and said the current situation with them and that what has happened to his friend has everything to do with color.

I asked HIM that if HE thinks things would be different if Haitians were to be predominantly white.

Again, my questioned NOT answered. I am expecting an answer from him to understand his frame of mind further.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The planeload of Black Jamican Canadians that came down from Toronto with me in October went through customs almost as fast as me, a Dominican citizen with white skin. Perhaps its an American thing.

Or maybe its a " Is this guy look like he is likely to make idiotic VIDEOS, post them on U Tube, and embarrass the Country " kind of thing ..

the South African Guy who who is never allowed back into the DR , he looks like OPIE from Mayberry ..
so maybe its like that .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Or maybe its a " Is this guy look like he is likely to make idiotic VIDEOS, post them on U Tube, and embarrass the Country " kind of thing ..

the South African Guy who who is never allowed back into the DR , he looks like OPIE from Mayberry ..
so maybe its like that .
You said that so good all I can say is: SAY IT AGAIN MY BROTHER ‼️

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You said that so good all I can say is: SAY IT AGAIN MY BROTHER ‼️
I think perhaps you misunderstood my post ,
but thank you for the Like

I was not posting it against one poster, or for the benefit of another ..
I was just stating a Fact about another guy who got thrown out of he country ..

Lots of guys have been HASSLED at the Airport , only the Dominicans know the REAL Reasons ..

Yes, it COULD be Racism .. or it could be something like I posted ..
They could be targeting certain Demographics , yes .. all of this could be true
and not necessarily Mutually exclusive ..

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
DR Immigration keeps stats on deportations by country. Feel free to look it up.

I looked this up instead ;)