DR Expels up to 700 Haitians Daily

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Then there is no need for anyone anywhere to worry about 🇭🇹 since @Naked_Snake says they have a functioning government.
All the individuals being returned to their country should petition their government for the regress of their grievances.:rolleyes:
How about that for dealing with the practical realities on the ground❓

Don't see any suggestions for solution of the problems being given in post #114 or #120.
Meanwhile individuals are being effectively sent back into a meat grinder.
Not that is is the fault of 🇩🇴 as no one is sending aid in the form of hard currency to help them.
No wonder the 🇩🇴GOV has given two middle fingers up to the world trying to tell them how to run their house.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The deportation of Dominicans from the US is not new, every year hundreds arrive in DR for different reasons even those who came legally to US but didn't fallow up with the laws in this country.
The lady who claimed she and her was husband were unjustified deported as they didn't committed no crime is a lie as she lived illegally in this country for many years for sure taking advantage of the system, coupons / welfare / housing programs etc just because she had five Americans kids with all medical bills paid by the system... That's the biggest felony she committed.

JJ

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
"The Embassy also warned that the government’s actions could pose a problem for darker-skinned Americans and African Americans traveling in the Dominican Republic.

Unlike the U.N. and Haiti, however, the U.S. did not explicitly call for the country to halt deportations. President Joe Biden’s administration has defended its own practice of deporting and expelling Haitian migrants arriving at its southern border, despite heavy criticism from human rights organizations."

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The deportation of Dominicans from the US is not new, every year hundreds arrive in DR for different reasons even those who came legally to US but didn't fallow up with the laws in this country.
The lady who claimed she and her was husband were unjustified deported as they didn't committed no crime is a lie as she lived illegally in this country for many years for sure taking advantage of the system, coupons / welfare / housing programs etc just because she had five Americans kids with all medical bills paid by the system... That's the biggest felony she committed.

JJ
One of the things I thought of when I first saw that video was "you were in the USA for so long and never regularized your migration status, that's being lazy with a capital L." She says her kids never set foot in the DR. She probably forgot to say her too. lol

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
My best guess would be is they have no skills. My kid is a perfect example. Almost 20 but no HS diploma and no hope to get one. He has studied privately and can speak 4 languages but that's his only skill. The people I know in Haiti don't even have that. The one guy I do know with a diploma has no real skill set.
I don't entirely agree with that. If they want to they can learn a skill. My Haitian Gardener/Handyman took electrician and plumbing courses in this country and now is completely invaluable to me. He has also watched people repairing washing machines etc. and can now do it himself. I also know another Haitian electrician who has done work for people I know with no complaints. Where he learned, I don't know. And as you say, many of them speak three or four languages.

And I know you are not saying this, but I think a lack of intelligence is not the problem.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I don't entirely agree with that. If they want to they can learn a skill. My Haitian Gardener/Handyman took electrician and plumbing courses in this country and now is completely invaluable to me. He has also watched people repairing washing machines etc. and can now do it himself. I also know another Haitian electrician who has done work for people I know with no complaints. Where he learned, I don't know. And as you say, many of them speak three or four languages.

And I know you are not saying this, but I think a lack of intelligence is not the problem.

No, I totally agree that lack of intelligence is not the problem. However, as I'm sure you're aware, without certification and/or demonstrable experience, all the intelligence in the world doesn't mean squat to someone approving a visa app. Same with a potential employer who can sponsor visas.

I could go further and talk about the lack of teaching critical thinking skills in Haiti and the DR, but that's for another thread.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I agree with you. The problem is having internationally recognized skills and qualifications. My physiotherapist is Haitian, and she knows what she is doing, in fact she is in charge of the Dominicans doing the same job.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree with you. The problem is having internationally recognized skills and qualifications. My physiotherapist is Haitian, and she knows what she is doing, in fact she is in charge of the Dominicans doing the same job.
Nine years ago I had cancer and had a major operation and then Chemo. Saved my life. The Oncologist that administered the Chemo was a Haitian Dr. educated in Haiti and practicing in Miami for 30 years. I owe her...............

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Today on my guagua from BC to San Isidro, we got boarded by migracion. Separately, I heard that they have also gone into the Whalawala in BC.

I would hate to be Haitian now. Their own govt doesn't exist and those that do pretend govt don't give a shit about any of the people. The rest of the world just plays politics. The Haitians here all live in fear, those in Haiti have no hope. Very frustrating because there is so little I can do.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Today on my guagua from BC to San Isidro, we got boarded by migracion. Separately, I heard that they have also gone into the Whalawala in BC.

I would hate to be Haitian now. Their own govt doesn't exist and those that do pretend govt don't give a shit about any of the people. The rest of the world just plays politics. The Haitians here all live in fear, those in Haiti have no hope. Very frustrating because there is so little I can do.

Apparently Guagua operators were issued a directive to check ID's before boarding.
Was I asked for an ID today ? No prizes for the answer 🤣🤣🤣😀

The drivers said #1 it will only last a few days, and #2 they just pick up haitians roadside ( as opposed to en la parada and dont check ID's ) .

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Migración will be ordering 20 more trucks and 10 pickups.

02037B46-C777-4E01-AF70-C27B74E44E56.jpeg

It doesn't say if the trucks will be similar to these to further increase deportations of illegals.

A3A43850-C491-45D1-B619-8D11BB9E2F60.jpeg

4F21750A-77C4-4A00-A9EE-F42E938AB293.jpeg

It will be a few months between now and the time the trucks and pickups are roaming in Dominican streets. They have to be imported first and that by itself is time consuming.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Migración will be ordering 20 more trucks and 10 pickups.

View attachment 6798

It doesn't say if the trucks will be similar to these to further increase deportations of illegals.

View attachment 6799

View attachment 6800

It will be a few months between now and the time the trucks and pickups are roaming in Dominican streets. They have to be imported first and that by itself is time consuming.
😂 Cattle trucks. We got shuttled around ft. Benning during basic and ait in similar trucks.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
^^
9ED50473-703F-44E1-9527-AF79813BDA82.png

The people riding the trucks may be happy or not depending on the actual truck.

Now, in the Bahamas they don't even bother with trucks to deport people. lol These were illegals from Haiti caught in that archipelago a few years ago. Bahama police or migration officer on the right. Guy on the left looks dressed like many Americans, but could be Bahamian with a very obvious influence from the USA.

2730E901-7E4A-4745-9CAC-8F1928254F50.jpeg

Neither bothers will trailers though.

D2019F16-F454-4E55-974E-C277B71E278B.jpeg

Last edited:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just heard around 1pm from a friend in PP. He is a Haitiano here illegally. Got busted Saturday at 6AM in Sosua working. They took his phone for the weekend and gave it back. He is on his way to Santiago now. No food or shower. He got asked for money to release him. I'm guessing he either didn't have it or didn't have enough.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Just heard around 1pm from a friend in PP. He is a Haitiano here illegally. Got busted Saturday at 6AM in Sosua working. They took his phone for the weekend and gave it back. He is on his way to Santiago now. No food or shower. He got asked for money to release him. I'm guessing he either didn't have it or didn't have enough.
It's a revolving door.
They get deported.
They come back.
They get deported.
They come back.
I would love nothing more than to see the foreigners working with these good for nothing sh*t stiiring NGOs get rounded up and deported over to Haiti so that they can see first hand what the "mistreatment" of Haitians really looks like.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It's a revolving door.
They get deported.
They come back.
They get deported.
They come back.
I would love nothing more than to see the foreigners working with these good for nothing sh*t stiiring NGOs get rounded up and deported over to Haiti so that they can see first hand what the "mistreatment" of Haitians really looks like.
No argument, but how do they come back? They bribe guards. So yes, the Haitianos are breaking the law, but so is the DR.

Reactions: thompstr and Auryn