Christmas Gifts

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Just a reminder for folks like myself who might not be in the DR but have Dominican friends. It is VERY easy to send $$ via Western Union.
I had folks in the DR who treated me better than ANY of my family members so I make a point of not forgetting them at Christmas.
For Western Union all you need is their name - and the country - no address - and they can pick it up at any office,
Feliz Navidad!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just a reminder for folks like myself who might not be in the DR but have Dominican friends. It is VERY easy to send $$ via Western Union.
I had folks in the DR who treated me better than ANY of my family members so I make a point of not forgetting them at Christmas.
For Western Union all you need is their name - and the country - no address - and they can pick it up at any office,
Feliz Navidad!
Don't they need their cedula number as well?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Don't they need their cedula number as well?
We're in Europe and sending monthly to my mother-in-law to pay our bills there... No, just name (and country obviously), nothing else... They did ask us if we wanted the recipient to have USD or DOP, which I found odd as I have went to WU in the DR to receive something and they did not even give USD as an option... And I asked...

Reactions: mountainannie

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We're in Europe and sending monthly to my mother-in-law to pay our bills there... No, just name (and country obviously), nothing else... They did ask us if we wanted the recipient to have USD or DOP, which I found odd as I have went to WU in the DR to receive something and they did not even give USD as an option... And I asked...
My wife's brother sends us money through Western Union to pay all the bills on his property. Western Union always gives us $US.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I have a long list, probably will need sponsors to join me.
Just thinking of four watchiman at La esquina Los Bancos Pedro Glisanti st. plus maintenance people...
Some others in Santiago I always take care they have something to put at the table for Christmas Dinner.

JJ

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
My wife's brother sends us money through Western Union to pay all the bills on his property. Western Union always gives us $US.
Well that's interesting... I personally asked in WU in La Sirena in POP if I can have what was sent in USD:.. The answer was no...

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
When you send via WU don't you have to choose to have the pay out in pesos or dollars? I seem to recall that when sending via WU I had to choose which currency the person would receive, but it has been a long time since I've sent via WU.

Reactions: bob saunders

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Last time I used wu in Canada
They asked me pesos or American to send
Naturally from Canada I sent pesos

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
When you send via WU don't you have to choose to have the pay out in pesos or dollars? I seem to recall that when sending via WU I had to choose which currency the person would receive, but it has been a long time since I've sent via WU.
they didn't ask... but I just figured it would be a hassle for my friends to find a casa de cambia..not as if they are gonna be saving it... just buying chicken!!

Reactions: keepcoming