Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Thank you...Do you happen to know if my overstay fees are calculated from my temp res expiration date or last stamp in passport?

DGM at Puerto Plata had no idea....... no idea about anything, mind you

DGM at Santo Domingo, they told me the overstay fee would be calculated from the last entry stamp in my passport.

At the airport ( Santo Domingo ) the person at the desk said I would sadly have to pay the fee , calculated from when my residency expired until that day. 2 months or so in my case.

So I went over to the " fee booth" with her. And the " lady boss" waived the fee...... so I paid nothing.

Paxter

Apr 27, 2022
Dominican republic

DGM at Santo Domingo, they told me the overstay fee would be calculated from the last entry stamp in my passport.

At the airport ( Santo Domingo ) the person at the desk said I would sadly have to pay the fee , calculated from when my residency expired until that day. 2 months or so in my case.

So I went over to the " fee booth" with her. And the " lady boss" waived the fee...... so I paid nothing.

Do i have to pay overstay fees if i am current temp res not expired?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Absolutely. It all goes onto a spreadsheet that can be sorted any way they like it. A lot of that info could be useful to the Ministry of Tourism for marketing purposes.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Anybody remember the cost of renewing temporary residency ? thanks.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I paid 5000 pesos online just to DGM for temporary renewal around the end of July. I think that's the same I've always paid.

Okkkk........ they just asked me for 9.5k pesos.
I am just under a year late renewing.

So I am guessing that the difference between 9.5k and 5k is for the late renewal.
Which begs the question, is there no penalty for late renewal ?
Seems strange. No insurance policy, no cedula fee, etc ......
Hope it wont be a 💩storm when I go to DGM soon to pick up residency carnet.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

So I am guessing that the difference between 9.5k and 5k is for the late renewal.
I think the penalty for a late renewal is 500 pesos/mo. late. The repatriation insurance this time was less than before - $80 vs $115. The cedula cost me more - 4000 pesos vs 3000 pesos last year.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

My friend just renewed his Temp. Res. a few months late. He paid the fines and had no problem.

Reactions: malko

malko

Jan 12, 2013
My friend just renewed his Temp. Res. a few months late. He paid the fines and had no problem.

But is the fine the difference between 9.5k ( that I paid on line ) and the usual 5 k ?