Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air PassengersRequired for non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrant passengers arriving from a foreign coun

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Believe it or not the US has issued this starting Jan. 5. Exactly how it works I have NO IDEA. Read for yourself........This was updated on Dec. 31,2022..........

What You Need to Know
  • If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.
  • Some categories of noncitizen, nonimmigrants are excepted from this requirement. If you meet the criteria for one of these categories, you will need to fulfill additional requirements to travel by air to the United States.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Believe it or not the US has issued this starting Jan. 5. Exactly how it works I have NO IDEA. Read for yourself........This was updated on Dec. 31,2022..........

What You Need to Know
  • If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.
  • Some categories of noncitizen, nonimmigrants are excepted from this requirement. If you meet the criteria for one of these categories, you will need to fulfill additional requirements to travel by air to the United States.
This has been in place for at least a year.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This has been in place for at least a year.
How do you explain this than? The greatest tennis player in the World cannot enter the US now because he is not vaccinated..............

Djokovic set to miss Indian Wells and Miami after US extends Covid rules​

• Proof of vaccination will be needed until at least 10 April
  • Two key US tournaments begin on 6 March and 20 March

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
How do you explain this than? The greatest tennis player in the World cannot enter the US now because he is not vaccinated..............

Djokovic set to miss Indian Wells and Miami after US extends Covid rules​

• Proof of vaccination will be needed until at least 10 April
  • Two key US tournaments begin on 6 March and 20 March
Nothing new, he missed it last year for same reason.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nothing new, he missed it last year for same reason.
Yes, but the reason was he was not vaccinated. How does this play out for other Non-US citizens? Maybe you can explain this..........And last year you DID need a vaccination card for a Non-Us citizen to enter the US. Am I wrong on that?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, but the reason was he was not vaccinated. How does this play out for other Non-US citizens? Maybe you can explain this..........And last year you DID need a vaccination card for a Non-Us citizen to enter the US. Am I wrong on that?
Unless you sneak across the southern border. I believe you still need proof of vaccination to go to Europe as well.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They are fighting tooth and nail to get rid of Title 42. According to "them" the pandemic is over. I had no idea law abiding travelers were still subjected to these requirements.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They are fighting tooth and nail to get rid of Title 42. According to "them" the pandemic is over. I had no idea law abiding travelers were still subjected to these requirements.
Title 42 put in place for to help the border problems. Now see new announcement. Title 42 might be around for a while no matter the purpose of its' use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CristoRey

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Unless you sneak across the southern border. I believe you still need proof of vaccination to go to Europe as well.
No longer in effect
Found this link

But the Reason I believe this is accurate is we have a family member flying direct to NY in March, no more to another country and then to USA. and they also advised us that we can travel freely back to Europe and around Europe ..
This can possibly change at moments notice however .

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I will be a month in the DR and flying also from there to the US and back. I live in Denmark now but had my two Sinovac vaccinations in the DR. Will they still be good ?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes.. I flew in from Argentina to the USA a few months ago and then to DR and showed my vaccination card with my 2021 vaccinations done in the DR, and no problems..The only checks seem to be at the check in desk and not on arrival.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Yes.. I flew in from Argentina to the USA a few months ago and then to DR and showed my vaccination card with my 2021 vaccinations done in the DR, and no problems..The only checks seem to be at the check in desk and not on arrival.
I have the vaccination card still and also downloaded it. Thanks kipling

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
U.S. authorities said this month the requirement for foreign air travelers to be vaccinated against COVID would be in place until at least April 10, meaning Djokovic will miss out on Indian Wells and Miami again.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I will be a month in the DR and flying also from there to the US and back. I live in Denmark now but had my two Sinovac vaccinations in the DR. Will they still be good ?
Yes, they are good...........

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Yes, they are good...........
I am in Denmark still and could go and get a booster Pfizer as they now accept walkins as fewer and fewer are going especially for 3rd and 4th shots. But I will rather not. I feel I have done enough with the two Sinovac.

Reactions: irishpaddy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was "4 shots and done" here in the DR, but then I got Covid back in July of last year on a government trip to Santo Domingo. So, I got that going for me.

May 11 the vaccine requirement for air passengers entering the US ends: