It may not be as safe here as you'd like, or would hope to believe.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Sir NALS, I did not understand your post about heroin and fentanyl use in the USA. I do not deny that there is a significant crime problem in the D.R and the potential to have an unattended drink spiked rendering one unconscious. What I do deny is that there is some special dust that can be blown in the face of an unsuspecting person and render that person a zombie. willing to empty out accounts.
The only thing allowing you to continue denying this is that no one you know has ever been mugged like this. If this happens one day and which your denial will immediately stop, just think that it was happening during the entire time you were denying it. This is a case of seei-to-believe, except thatthe existence of anything isn't dependent on anyone believing it (except in quatum mechanics).

More comical is the transdermal absorption from touching a business card. Either way tourists are immune to this science fiction unless of course the "devil's breath" also renders them bilingual and able to understand Dominican street Spanish.
Like anthrax?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Crime is higher in the DR than in much of the USA/Canada and even Europe, but it’s true that still the fear of crime is greater than the actual crime itself.
Crime down here is not a problem when compared to where I'm from. At least here you live to talk about your experiences where as in most major d______t run cities they prefer to just kill you. No witness no case mentality.

Reactions: NanSanPedro and SKY

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Crime down here is not a problem when compared to where I'm from. At least here you live to talk about your experiences where as in most major d______t run cities they prefer to just kill you. No witness no case mentality.

I know what you did there.🤣

I guess now we gotta to jump through hoops and self-censor just to a get basic point accross.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
The only thing allowing you to continue denying this is that no one you know has ever been mugged like this. If this happens one day and which your denial will immediately stop, just think that it was happening during the entire time you were denying it. This is a case of seei-to-believe, except thatthe existence of anything isn't dependent on anyone believing it (except in quatum mechanics).

Like anthrax?
BS. Stop pushing this story!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I went to a funeral yesterday for a former student, shot to death in an argument in a bar in Jarabacoa. https://diariocibao.com/jarabacoa-apresan-supuesto-matador-de-arquitecto-paul-alexander-mercado/
https://elnuevodiario.com.do/foro-c...r-la-muerte-violenta-de-paul-mercado-jimenez/ These are not the lower class either.
That's a different case because he had issues with someone for awhile, not quite a random crime. The case of mugging with the dust is random, as happened to a cousin while she was pregnant.

arete92

Jul 5, 2018
even if you are 80 with cash you will get a beautiful women not from a hood rat area
Yeah I am not going to argue with that lol. I would question the quality of that situationship though :sneaky:.. lots of really nice girls here that just want an equal and who can support a future family.

qphotonyc

Aug 28, 2020
USA
Stuff like that has been happening for many years in the DR too.

A case caught by the security camera near a Banreservas ATM.
This was a thing in New York back in the 1980s. A doctor solved a series of robberies. Perps were using otc eye drops containing scopolamine to disorient and then rob victims. Generally the set up was out of town business man + perp, an attractive female, guy wakes up in his hotel room cleaned out w only vague recall. Perp would put the stuff in victim's drink at a bar.
It's the second item in this link:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This was a thing in New York back in the 1980s. A doctor solved a series of robberies. Perps were using otc eye drops containing scopolamine to disorient and then rob victims. Generally the set up was out of town business man + perp, an attractive female, guy wakes up in his hotel room cleaned out w only vague recall. Perp would put the stuff in victim's drink at a bar.
It's the second item in this link:
I hope no would-be robbers are reading this. You just gave a complete recipe for committing the crime!

Reactions: qphotonyc

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I hope no would-be robbers are reading this. You just gave a complete recipe for committing the crime!
What happens when you spike a drink with eye drops?

Tetrahydrozoline, the chemical found in eye drops, constricts blood vessels and can cause difficulty breathing, slowed heartbeat and the possibility of slipping into a coma if consumed in larger-than-directed quantities.

There have been murder cases with eye drops ..............

qphotonyc

Aug 28, 2020
USA
What happens when you spike a drink with eye drops?

Tetrahydrozoline, the chemical found in eye drops, constricts blood vessels and can cause difficulty breathing, slowed heartbeat and the possibility of slipping into a coma if consumed in larger-than-directed quantities.

There have been murder cases with eye drops ..............

Everything old is new again.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That's a different case because he had issues with someone for awhile, not quite a random crime. The case of mugging with the dust is random, as happened to a cousin while she was pregnant.
Was she shot in the process because she probably would have been had it happened to the north.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A guy meets a hooker and takes her to a bar for a drink. She spikes his drink with scopolamine. Hours later he wakes up with his watch, wallet, and money gone. How's he going to explain this to his wife/girlfriend? "Honey, I stopped at the ATM and some guy blew some dust in my face and that's all I remember". Urban legend.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A guy meets a hooker and takes her to a bar for a drink. She spikes his drink with scopolamine. Hours later he wakes up with his watch, wallet, and money gone. How's he going to explain this to his wife/girlfriend? "Honey, I stopped at the ATM and some guy blew some dust in my face and that's all I remember". Urban legend.

That video of the girl at the ATM had that vibe.

Husband : what happened to our savings account ? I bet you gave it to your raton del barrio.

Her : no, no, no. somebody blew fairy dust in my face and made me empty the account. I swear. Lets ask the bank for CCTV.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It’s not an easy substance to use and reported on this forum yrrrs ago a few times! I was told the women would use hair spray on skin to limit absorption and cotton balls up nose to limit exposure..Ladrones and landronas are inherently lazy when there are easier ways to get something they want.. some poor smoke the trumpet petal..Haitians have been using it in voodoo..believe it or not your choice.