ART

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Hi all,
My daughter has asked me to post her portfolio here on DR1 in the hope of your enjoyment and possibly employment. She lives in Weehawken NJ but is back and forth to our home here in Santiago. Please see the attached link; she has explained it better than I ever could!!!! Thank you.

file:///C:/Users/mamac/OneDrive/Desktop/Portfolio470%20(2).pdf

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hi all,
My daughter has asked me to post her portfolio here on DR1 in the hope of your enjoyment and possibly employment. She lives in Weehawken NJ but is back and forth to our home here in Santiago. Please see the attached link; she has explained it better than I ever could!!!! Thank you.

Why not just post a few pics?

Aug 21, 2007
Tried to look at it. Got a message that it may have been moved or edited or deleted. I agree with Cristo. Post a few examples. Would love to see.

Reactions: CristoRey

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hi all,

The path is local to your computer. It is not on the net.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Very nice... There are 2 I really like, Goddess and Restoration. Very talented.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A wide array of work - she definitely has serious talent.
Since Hunter is selling his 'stuff' at astronomical prices - she should become famous and rich soon

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I'm normally not a big fan of abstract art, but her work is truly exceptional! Wishing her much happiness and success.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
She should consider entering the arts competition of the Museo de Arte Moderno. It's open to Dominicans living abroad too. The only thing that could stop this is not having a cédula. If she does, the competition for recognition is less than in many art museums in North America. Once seleted by the museum's jury, that will help getting more exposure for her art, plus could give an advantage for exposures in North America since that will be in her resume and/or website.

If she doesn't have dual citizenship, she should apply for it this year and will be able to enter the next Dominican arts competition in 2025 (unless she is able to get everything done before the end date of entering the competition, because once the Dominican citizenship is claimed via jus sanguini, she gets a cédula and that is what is needed). If she already has one, then...

More info: https://dr1.com/forums/threads/xxx-...es-2023-for-dominicans-and-foreigners.404963/

PS. Keep in mind that any works of art that wins will become property of the Dominican government, but all recognitions is given to the artist and it will be displayed at the Museo de Arte Moderno for at least 4 months, could be longer or even permanent. Up to three works of art per artist can be entered in one competition. She will also not be able to use the same work of art for any other arts competition in the DR or elsewhere if it wins the DR competition. Even if not picked as a winner, she will get a certificate of participation which is better than an obscured artist with nothing except her art for things such as sales of the arts, etc.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
She should consider entering the arts competition of the Museo de Arte Moderno. It's open to Dominicans living abroad too. The only thing that could stop this is not having a cédula. If she does, the competition for recognition is less than in many art museums in North America. Once seleted by the museum's jury, that will help getting more exposure for her art, plus could give an advantage for exposures in North America since that will be in her resume and/or website.

If she doesn't have dual citizenship, she should apply for it this year and will be able to enter the next Dominican arts competition in 2025 (unless she is able to get everything done before the end date of entering the competition, because once the Dominican citizenship is claimed via jus sanguini, she gets a cédula and that is what is needed). If she already has one, then...

More info: https://dr1.com/forums/threads/xxx-...es-2023-for-dominicans-and-foreigners.404963/

PS. Keep in mind that any works of art that wins will become property of the Dominican government, but all recognitions is given to the artist and it will be displayed at the Museo de Arte Moderno for at least 4 months, could be longer or even permanent. Up to three works of art per artist can be entered in one competition. She will also not be able to use the same work of art for any other arts competition in the DR or elsewhere if it wins the DR competition. Even if not picked as a winner, she will get a certificate of participation which is better than an obscured artist with nothing except her art for things such as sales of the arts, etc.
"will help getting more exposure for her art, plus could give an advantage for exposures in North America since that will be in her resume and/or website."
Thanks so much NALS. She is a dual citizen (through mom) and is preparing for the competition! I will be sure to keep DR1 posted!

Reactions: AlaPlaya