Police to crack down on teteos and chipeos

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The National Police banned open air parties (teteos) and car music competitions (chipeos) held outdoors, in car washes and fuel stations.

The general director of the Police, Major General Eduardo Alberto Then instructed all the regional directors to take action. The announcement comes after residents in the low income area of Capotillo complained that the “teteos” were held daily Monday to Monday to the indifference and complicity of the Police.

The law enforcement agency said that the measure seeks to avoid conflicts in the streets, fuel stations and car washes.

Read more in Spanish:N Digital Noticias SIN

19 January 2023

Continue reading...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Here we go again, lol.
We're going to change the Dominican youth culture by banning behaviors.
Good luck with it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
When I moved here over 16 years ago, the average Dominican reaction to the teteos was pretty much a shoulder shrug and indifference. The general public is now pretty much sick and tired of the loud music. Sound systems from establishments around the country are now already, and have been for a while, being confiscated and the establishments sometimes even closed permanently.

A law was passed not too long ago banning public drinking and I rarely see people on the sidewalks and streets with their tables and chairs drinking anymore. Like Dylan said - the times thy are a changin'.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Good luck with this .Partying is in the the blood here.
They have been "cracking down" on loud music for many years and they are still going at it. Now they are going to try it with teteos and chipeos.

Reactions: JD Jones

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
DR will have a mention in The Guinness Book Of World Records
The # 1 country to have passed the most laws in the world .......and #1 to have the most laws ignored in the world

Reactions: jd426

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
During the holidays, where I live in San Cristobal, there was a guy driving up and down the main highway in his jeepeta with the volume so loud it hurt my ears and every window in the house was vibrating........ at 3:30am in the morning on a week night.

It was one of the loudest noise I have heard here and easily would compete with the political sound bank trucks.

I hope it works, and I have a lot of faith it will. I will support anything that is directed at eliminating these fools.

And FWIW, I know I sound like a broken record, but I see raids and prosecutors shutting down and confiscating speakers, hookahs and equipment almost every week on the Medio Ambient social sites.

Reactions: reilleyp and cavok