Record year for free trade zones

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Zonas-Francas-El-Caribe-1024x574.png

The Dominican Association of Free Zones (Adozona) reports 2022 was a record year for Dominican export manufacturing. Dominican free zones continue to consolidate themselves as one of the most dynamic economic sectors. The local free zone manufacturing makes up around 65% of the country’s total exports.

During 2022, the free trade zones had a good performance in exports and employment generation, with close to US$8 billion in sales and an additional 10,000 jobs generated in the labor market. This performance placed 2022 as the most successful period for the Dominican free zone sector, according to the Dominican Association of Free Zones (Adozona).

There are 785 companies operating in the country in 84 free zone parks, with an overall payroll that exceeds 190,000 direct jobs, reports Luis José Bonilla, president of Adozona. He says 2022 closed as the best year in the history of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
So then, at that minimum wage level , a worker needs to decide whether she/he should take the factory job or work at the egg station like Ken's GF. I suppose that will come down to how close to the house is the job, can I stand on my feet 5-6 days, and is there any possibility of advancement in either job. Tough decision.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So then, at that minimum wage level , a worker needs to decide whether she/he should take the factory job or work at the egg station like Ken's GF. I suppose that will come down to how close to the house is the job, can I stand on my feet 5-6 days, and is there any possibility of advancement in either job. Tough decision.
I know several people working in the Zona Franca in La Vega and One told me he makes 18,000 per month.