Best Way to Move Funds From US to DR Bank

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Which DR banks are are easiest to establish a relationship from the US? I will probably be transferring funds via a WT or else open an account here with Chase or BOA
If I come down with cash where can I get the best exchange.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I just do a bank transfer from the states to here costs me 30 us every time . but no hassles most of times the money arrives by the end of the day .

Reactions: CristoRey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The other problem with most exchange houses is they don't have a lot of dollars on hand. For Mr. Ken that probably won't work.IDK?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That’s what we do
Just go to the check casher
Instant cash for your check
I did this for many years. I used a casa de cambio that gave me better than market exchange rates for dollars. He changed many, many personal checks for me @ USD$9500.

One day I was in the bank talking to my friend the bank manager (sound familiar?) and she told me she would do the same for me, and send the bank messenger to pick up the check. How do you beat that?

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
The other problem with most exchange houses is they don't have a lot of dollars on hand. For Mr. Ken that probably won't work.IDK?
I want to transfer US Dollars to a Bank so that I use withdraw in pesos. I am not concerned about withdrawing US dollars

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I did this for many years. I used a casa de cambio that gave me better than market exchange rates for dollars. He changed many, many personal checks for me @ USD$9500.

One day I was in the bank talking to my friend the bank manager (sound familiar?) and she told me she would do the same for me, and send the bank messenger to pick up the check. How do you beat that?
You can't beat it. However, these relationships are built. For example when I went to open my bank account at Haro Lopez I went with the name of who recommended me along with his number if the bank had a problem. One the banks biggest clients. Bank account opened as fast as the docs got to headquarters and a phone call to me that said "welcome".