Sports Illustrated opens its first resort in Punta Cana

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Sports-Illustrated-Resort-Official-Webpage-1024x369.png

Fernando Hazoury, chairman of the board of Cap Cana Group, used the platform of Fitur International Travel Fair in Madrid, Spain to announce the start of operations of the first Sports Illustrated Resort Marina & Villas Cap Cana in the Punta Cana eastern beach area. The Cap Cana venture is the first Sports Illustrated branded resort worldwide.

Hazoury spoke accompanied by Tourism Minister David Collado and Experiential Ventures executive Chris Schroeder and Mark Korros, experts in marketing global brands. Experiential Ventures is a team of hospitality, food & beverage, branding, retail, design, entertainment and real estate leaders who have worked with some of the most iconic brands in the world.

Hazoury said that the digital experience of Sports Illustrated Resort and the media power of its Sports Illustrated magazine, an icon in American sports culture for...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I bet that is really going to do well.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
If anybody cares….there have been so many hotel type places that have opened and it is usually EMPTY. Nothing works there but hazoury keeps plugging to get those dollars flowing in. It has consistently been a turnoff there the “Fishing Lodge.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If anybody cares….there have been so many hotel type places that have opened and it is usually EMPTY. Nothing works there but hazoury keeps plugging to get those dollars flowing in. It has consistently been a turnoff there the “Fishing Lodge.
Tell that to Punta Cana. Many new openings, NO CLOSINGS..............

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
What about the Farallon?

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Most things around the Punta Cana area and brand has gone well.
They would never admit to any closings. But they have had so many name changes of hotels and management companies right there And usually it is Empty! I have been there from the beginning. Yes all they do is build and build. I don’t know folks but it is empty. Always appears deserted. It is usually deserted. Beautiful and empty.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They would never admit to any closings. But they have had so many name changes of hotels and management companies right there And usually it is Empty! I have been there from the beginning. Yes all they do is build and build. I don’t know folks but it is empty. Always appears deserted. It is usually deserted. Beautiful and empty.
Deserted? In Punta Cana. Hotels are near capacity now.............

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am talking cap cana. Get your destination straight before throwing out punta cana’s building spree,
I was in this hotel a few weeks ago. FULL. And the rooms start at close to $600 a night as you can see. One of the newer hotels in Cap Cana................

Reactions: Markwilltravel

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
I was in this hotel a few weeks ago. FULL. And the rooms start at close to $600 a night as you can see. One of the newer hotels in Cap Cana................

You can be anywhere you want! I am here all the time. Margaritaville appeals to certain types and is a very ugly hotel to be on beautiful Juanillo beach.. Sky. Tout it! It never did belong in Cap Cana and we here were/are disgusted but hey it brings somebody $.

Reactions: Big

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Hyatt Zilara/Ziva, Secrets, Sanctuary, these are some of the hotels in Cap Cana. And yes they are full. Many like going to that area as it is a bit more quiet than say Bavaro. Family has property in Cap Cana and they say it has been fairly busy at these resorts.

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Two things about Cap Cana that you may not know.
1- Cap Cana is twice the size of Manhattan..
Manhattan/Land area
59.1 km² Cap Cana 121 km²

2. Cap Cana​

Well, as you could get it, Cap Cana is a neighborhood in Punta Cana, which has an area of about 121 km2. It is located just 20 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport and beside Punta Cana Resort and Club. This enclave shows the beauty of the incredible color of water there. Cap Cana is best known for its upscale and world-class resorts, villas, golf courses, shopping complexes, and restaurants. In addition, Cap Cana is one of the safest areas in the Dominican Republic, just like Punta Cana in general.

2- You cannot get into Cap Cana unless you live there, are registered at a hotel there, or have a confirmed reservation at a hotel there. Don't believe it go and see for yourself........

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You can be anywhere you want! I am here all the time. Margaritaville appeals to certain types and is a very ugly hotel to be on beautiful Juanillo beach.. Sky. Tout it! It never did belong in Cap Cana and we here were/are disgusted but hey it brings somebody $.
don't you like the swim up bar where you can order a drink and pee pee at the same time with all the other transit union workers from N.J

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Two things about Cap Cana that you may not know.
1- Cap Cana is twice the size of Manhattan..
Manhattan/Land area
59.1 km² Cap Cana 121 km²

2. Cap Cana​

Well, as you could get it, Cap Cana is a neighborhood in Punta Cana, which has an area of about 121 km2. It is located just 20 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport and beside Punta Cana Resort and Club. This enclave shows the beauty of the incredible color of water there. Cap Cana is best known for its upscale and world-class resorts, villas, golf courses, shopping complexes, and restaurants. In addition, Cap Cana is one of the safest areas in the Dominican Republic, just like Punta Cana in general.

2- You cannot get into Cap Cana unless you live there, are registered at a hotel there, or have a confirmed reservation at a hotel there. Don't believe it go and see for yourself........
Believe me…1. I know Cap Cana. We feel very safe. We have Nacional up the road and Cuesta all part of the Blue Mall complex. Punta Cana Village wonderfully safe and charming (but PCV is Frank Rainieri’s not Cap Cana) also up the road. Juanillo Beach as it was is pretty much destroyed now by hotels which have chopped it up.