going to boca chica in two weeks

captboink

Mar 3, 2011
I always stayed at the El Caucho Hotel and love the place. My apartment is 3 doors down from it and I generally hang out there most evenings enjoying one of my favorite pasttimes here, sitting out front and watching the hookers go to work. Chantal runs the place and is a very nice lady. prices are pretty cheap $25 to $35 per night depending on the season. phone number is 809-523-6734, if you decide to stay there tell her Gari sent ya.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
Thank you a lot for your tip ! Don't you have a webpage? It's not easy to call them... for me, because I don't speak spanish :(

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
...but it seems that BC and near sea & beach are nice as well, at least from maps.google.com or I'm wrong?

captboink

Mar 3, 2011
also, type in Boca chica or El Caucho Hotel into a search and you will probably find a few links about the area and/or hotel, some are older than others and out of date, but should give you a good idea.

Aug 19, 2004
...but it seems that BC and near sea & beach are nice as well, at least from maps.google.com or I'm wrong?

I don't know your background and if you like Sousa, Boca Chica may be paradise on earth.

In my opnion Greydread sums it up very well. If I was you I would check that your friend is happy with a stay in BC! Samana is infinitely better.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
Well, the background is... we will spend 13hours in plane and it means we will be not ready to travel across whole DR to Samana, therefore we want to spend at least one-two days near to airport and be ready for next way to Samana. Where we plan to spend our main part of holiday...

Any better idea for staying near to airport (SDQ, SD-Las Americas)...? As you don't recommend Boca Chica?

Aug 19, 2004
OK - understand now. If you intend to drive from the airport then 1 night in Boca Chica should be sufficient. The journey from the airport to Las Terranas should take only about 2.5 to 3 hours on well maintained roads. Sorry don't know the hotels of Boca Chica but from what you say I would spend the minimum time possible in BC.

If you intend to go by bus - (Caribe Tours ). I would take a taxi into Santo Domingo and stay the night in the Zona Colonial - various hotels available. If you are interested in Spanish colonial history then a couple of nights even would be well worth while. Plenty to see and do. Buses from SD to Samana take about 3 hours - check there web site at: Caribe Tours | Bienvenidos

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
I'm starting to thinking... change my plans, as you really don't recommend Boca Chica, what is actually so bad on this location? Crime, dirty place, prostitute or what?

Aug 19, 2004
"Crime, dirty place, prostitute" - yes it is famous for all those things. Don't rely on my opnions - but according to my Dominican wife, nice people tend not to go to Boca Chica!

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
That's really not nice surprise for me... :( It seems that I have to find another location for your first / second night in DR. The problem is that we will arrive after 13hours in plane around 8:00 pm

Any hints? :)

Aug 19, 2004
The nearest chain hotel to the airport is "Quality Hotel Real Aeropuerto Santo Domingo". Stay here if you intend to drive from the airport, otherwise if you intend to go by bus stay a night in the Zona Colonial.

You would be fine for 1 night in Boca Chica (though arriving at 8 is quite late) but I wouldn't waste any more time there - the Samana peninsular is so much better.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
Thank you, we'll not have any car... so, we will stay one/two night in BC and we'll use CaribeTours for transport to Samana afterwards.

Btw. what about this hotel in BC, it's not in city center... maybe safer area? :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
neptuno hotel sits right in front of the Hamaca, an all-inclusive resort. neptuno's also has a restaurant. it's only a short walk (like 2 minutes to the bars and nightlife). the only drawback to neptuno's is all the vendors located on that street trying to get the all inclusive folks to buy something (or someone). but for 60 bucks a night you might as well stay at the el candil or costalunga.
i'm partial to the el candil. it's gated with electronic entry, swimming pool, restaurant and the management ask that you be "discreet" with your company. it's the only place i stay in BC besides my 2 times at Hamaca.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
There are lots of great hotels in BC, and it isn't really that bad if you don't go looking for trouble