"Baby it's cold outside"

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Each month I go north for 10 days of business.Most months it's bearable because most of the time is spent in southern Georgia. But this trip (leaving for the DR in a few hours) the temps as you all know have been, and will be this weekend,brutal. Mental relief is real easy. I just put my head into thinking that in 24 hours I will be back to paradise. Temps in the 80's. Sunshine. The beach. Not eating alone. No security lines. "LAP TOPS OUT.CELL PHONES OFF."Buckle up. Sit up straight. Here's your snack. Where? Four Cheese its?

Reason for this rant: Trying to kill a few hours and sitting on go. I'm going. Ready to dump my overcoat for the season. I hope.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It’s cold here too 😂

20177550-3EB5-4D6C-A1D9-0E23B83D18F2.jpeg

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I am sure that you are looking forward to warmer weather. What makes me laugh about this post is that those of us that have lived here in the DR for years are now sitting wearing overcoats because for us, it is freezing down here!!!

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Each month I go north for 10 days of business.Most months it's bearable because most of the time is spent in southern Georgia. But this trip (leaving for the DR in a few hours) the temps as you all know have been, and will be this weekend,brutal. Mental relief is real easy. I just put my head into thinking that in 24 hours I will be back to paradise. Temps in the 80's. Sunshine. The beach. Not eating alone. No security lines. "LAP TOPS OUT.CELL PHONES OFF."Buckle up. Sit up straight. Here's your snack. Where? Four Cheese its?

Reason for this rant: Trying to kill a few hours and sitting on go. I'm going. Ready to dump my overcoat for the season. I hope.
That eating alone I think is key.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Coincidentally, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow.
But the DFW can't withstand six more weeks of "the feet of Old Man Winter, walking upon the Metroplex, freezing all the grass... and the overpass."

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am sure that you are looking forward to warmer weather. What makes me laugh about this post is that those of us that have lived here in the DR for years are now sitting wearing overcoats because for us, it is freezing down here!!!
25-27 C every day is freezing?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Well I just shut my windows as it was quite chilly in my apartment. And today I rode around in vehicles with no AC and the windows open and it was very pleasant. Loving this weather.

Reactions: Jan and JD Jones

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Coincidentally, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow.
But the DFW can't withstand six more weeks of "the feet of Old Man Winter, walking upon the Metroplex, freezing all the grass... and the overpass."
But Wiarton Willie did not ! (Canada)

and the Quebec one was a no-show........ died the night before

Reactions: Lucifer

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mornings have been chilly, high 60s. We’ve had a strong ocean breeze for weeks that makes it feel colder. We mostly leave our windows open, and even when shut they’re not sealed like American windows. By noon it’s really nice, usually mid 80s, and just yesterday I said I wished it would stay like this all the time. It just feels colder this year.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
It is 6°F (-14.44 C) here (WNY) this morning with the wind making it feel like -20°F (÷28.89 C).

I know that the current temperatures in the DR are relatively cold to the usual ones, but objectively they are not nearly as cold as other locations.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I'm wondering if Fred la marmotte died of exposure.
Nope.
Fred La Marmotte passed away before the cold wave hit.
Right now it is -26c, with wind chill -41c, in sunny Montreal...brrrrrr.
To be about the same tomorrow but by Sunday back up to moderate levels.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Nope.
Fred La Marmotte passed away before the cold wave hit.
Right now it is -26c, with wind chill -41c, in sunny Montreal...brrrrrr.
To be about the same tomorrow but by Sunday back up to moderate levels.
Last year, Milltown Mel died in NJ, just days prior to the weather ceremony event.

Sometimes I wonder why folks from prosperous and organized and respectful societies leave and head to the tropics: -26c would, or anything below 50 Fahrenheit is miserable.

Here's hoping to bid adieu to north Texas winter weather, and split my time between Miami and Punta Cana in the not-too-distant future... but wishing it was full-time PC/Higüey.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Like certain kinds of reptiles. Everyone, well almost everyone here in Jarabacoa this morning is wearing parkas, toques and gloves. A balmy 15 degrees C.
I have been wearing long pants all day and in the evenings and mornings a sweater for almost a month. Never ever did before here.