ARAJET

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Today, the President of Arajet is quickly interviewed at FITUR in Madrid, Spain and gives some details (in Spanish) of Arajet's incursion into the United States.

Btw, as can be seen behind him is the stand of the DR. Not only did the Monarchy of Spain went to visit it, but on the first day of FITUR it was the most visited stand.

Reactions: zeferus

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Today, the President of Arajet is quickly interviewed at FITUR in Madrid, Spain and gives some details (in Spanish) of Arajet's incursion into the United States.

Btw, as can be seen behind him is the stand of the DR. Not only did the Monarchy of Spain went to visit it, but on the first day of FITUR it was the most visited stand.
He also said they are looking at Toronto and Montreal.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Gosh look at what he is wearing. He's the CEO of the airline, surely he owns a suit? Or something a little smarter.

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo

Markwilltravel

Delicious are the vanities that consume us.
Jan 2, 2022
Canada
where are the pilots from?, I don't care if dr1 bans me for the umpteem time, I'm not flying on a plane with a dominican pilot
I worked for a couple of Cdn charters in my younger years. Not a pilot, just a cabin crew member.
In most cases new airlines will spend the dough and hire senior pilots to take the left seat and train the new hires. Check flights, and simulator training. In a new airline the hiring qualifications may appear minimum or quite basic however I believe this is an entry position minimum to provide the senior pilots with strong candidates to train.

It could be that the Airline has a full compliment of competent pilots and focuses on growing their pilot base looking to fill vacancies for the future
when new aircraft are added to the fleet.

I think labelling a Dominican pilot as incompetent is wrong. You would have to look a little deeper before you made such a statement.

I write this in the spirit of conversation and express my opinion only.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
What do you want, it is a Cut Rate Airline............

I just think wearing those clothes is totally inappropriate for a trade show when you're the CEO of an airline. He looks like he's going to a garden center or going to take the dog out for a walk.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I just think wearing those clothes is totally inappropriate for a trade show when you're the CEO of an airline. He looks like he's going to a garden center or going to take the dog out for a walk.
Jokes go over some people's head I guess..............

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Gosh look at what he is wearing. He's the CEO of the airline, surely he owns a suit? Or something a little smarter.
That's one of the few criticism I have about him, though at this time of the year Madrid isn't quite basking in the sun.

Here he is inagurating the SD-Bogota route. Notice the sneakers, yes sneakers.

03107115-733C-4CAE-B9F0-49BDB1D1ED7F.jpeg

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's one of the few criticism I have about him, though at this time of the year Madrid isn't quite basking in the sun.

Here he is inagurating the SD-Bogota route. Notice the sneakers, yes sneakers.

View attachment 6963

We/you may be out of touch with today's fashions.

Look around a bit, and you see many, many folks using shoes like those. I see so many folks using them that sometimes I wonder if I'm the one who's out of touch.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
February 2, 2023

A few minutes ago was the signing by President Luis Abinader of the Open Skies Agreement between the Dominican Republic and Canada. Should be noted the presence in the audience of founder and president of Arajet, Mr Victor Pacheco (behind Frank Rainieri, seen during the national anthem was playing). This took place at the Green Room in the National Palace, Santo Domingo.

Starts at 21:08.

PS. Arajet could be flying direct from Santo Domingo to Toronto and Montreal before to NYC or Miami.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Look around a bit, and you see many, many folks using shoes like those. I see so many folks using them that sometimes I wonder if I'm the one who's out of touch.

Fine to go shopping or if you work in a warehouse, but not when you're the Chief Operating Officer of an international airline. He just looks silly. I'm guessing he doesn't have a woman in his life, I wouldn't let my guy out the door dressed like that. His shirt looks like it needs a good iron as well.

Reactions: Sol09

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Fine to go shopping or if you work in a warehouse, but not when you're the Chief Operating Officer of an international airline. He just looks silly. I'm guessing he doesn't have a woman in his life, I wouldn't let my guy out the door dressed like that. His shirt looks like it needs a good iron as well.
Grunge look is in…

Reactions: PCMike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Mr AE watches a lot of news channels when we’re in USA. The “expensive suits with sneakers “ attire is more and more common, and he comments on it frequently. He’s old school and would never. Times have changed, in my day I wore my heels on the subway to and from work, these days women wear sneakers to commute, then switch to heels in the office.

And then there’s the no socks with loafers/dress shoes that’s common in DR

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Mr AE watches a lot of news channels when we’re in USA. The “expensive suits with sneakers “ attire is more and more common, and he comments on it frequently. He’s old school and would never. Times have changed, in my day I wore my heels on the subway to and from work, these days women wear sneakers to commute, then switch to heels in the office.

I can't remember the last time I wore shoes without socks.

• Love
Reactions: MariaRubia

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

One of my friends went on a date with a guy and said he was absolutely perfect, really good looking, perfect teeth, perfect smile, intelligent, charming, great job, respectful. But when he went to the bathroom she noticed he was wearing shoes with no socks, and she got up and left. No I'm not joking.