Au Revoir Air France?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
According to the rumor mill, Air France will be leaving the Dominican market. Have yet to confirm this.

frenchfamilly

Sep 17, 2017
Hello
Indeed, AIR France stops regular flights France-Dominican Republic

Last flights on March 23 and 25, 2023

"Air France confirms that its connections from Paris-Charles de Gaulle to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana (Dominican Republic), hitherto provided all year round, will become seasonal from the end of the 2022-2023 winter season.

The last flights will be scheduled respectively for March 23 and 25, 2023, for a resumption at the end of October, for the 2023-2024 winter season.

She did not, however, wish to comment on the reason for this decision.

According to it, the flight programs are established according to the demand of its customers and are subject to "regular adjustments".

chibani

Oct 29, 2007
According to the rumor mill, Air France will be leaving the Dominican market. Have yet to confirm this.
Air France says that the fuel is twice the price in Punta Cana compared to neigbouring countries

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I wonder where all the European tourists fly from. It’s not that easy to get here.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It has become very difficult to find direct flights to Europe . There are regular charter flights between Milan and La Romana and if you want to up your blood pressure you can use BA from Punta Cana. Other wise the only other regular flights seem to be to Spain with Air Europa or Iberia from Santo Domingo . I hate using Miami as a transit but from there you can go to a large range of European cities

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
It has become very difficult to find direct flights to Europe . There are regular charter flights between Milan and La Romana and if you want to up your blood pressure you can use BA from Punta Cana. Other wise the only other regular flights seem to be to Spain with Air Europa or Iberia from Santo Domingo . I hate using Miami as a transit but from there you can go to a large range of European cities
Haha why high bp with BA to Punta Cana ? That’s how I came and spent a night in London as my flight from Denmark was to Heathrow and to the DR it’s from Gatwick. During the pandemic stil living in the DR I went back to the DR from Denmark going Hamburg to Madrid and then SD with Iberia. Especially during the pandemic there were not many options.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I don’t think I am going via Miami ever again. Unless you have to go to the US it’s best to avoid.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I think it’s better. It’s only that I have to go through immigration and pick up luggage despite flying in transit.
If you fly from Santo Domingo with American Airlines to another city and transit through Miami, you do not have to pick up your luggage in Miami any more but you still have to go through Immigration. All flights must be on the same booking . bit of an improvement .

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
If you fly from Santo Domingo with American Airlines to another city and transit through Miami, you do not have to pick up your luggage in Miami any more but you still have to go through Immigration. All flights must be on the same booking . bit of an improvement .
Actually I think I did experience that. The change. But. I went via Miami to Denmark during the pandemic and I remember they suddenly asked for a Covid test to travel to Denmark until I showed them proof Denmark didn’t require it from it’s citizens. Stupid Covid stuff.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Same happens when we fly to Spain even if our final destination is elsewhere in Europe

Nah, I fly through Madrid up to 4 times a year, never had to pick up luggage---- you get it at final destination be it SD, if inbound to the DR, or another European final destination, if coming from the DR.

One does have to go through immigration as it would be the entry or exit point of the Schengen space.

I still avoid transiting through the US, as every time it seems to be a sh.it storm....... maybe because GVA/MAD/SD airports are quainter, idk.