Armando Shot in Sosua

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Bugarron - a man who engages in sexual intercourse with other men.
Paid sexual worker, Redondo= have not sexual preference the same will jump on another man as on a women. Sanki Panki!

JJ

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Every time there is a story about Sosua it reminds me what a hell-hole it is and why I don't want to go there.
well Ms Maria. It is not for everyone. I used to be a frequent flyer there, however dining options faded and became more fast foodish.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
i am on my way up there now to retrieve a young teenager (my surrogate daughter) at her mother's request who decided to run away from Moca to Sosua for the weekend. This will be my first trip up there since July of last year.

Shootings in and around Sosua are nothing new but when it happens to a gringo it seems to get more attention. Sounds like this fella was targeted. He's lucky he survived as the North Coast is known for a lot of things but trauma surgeons aint one of them.

It will be nice if they'd clean the place up and start paying a little more attention to who the trouble makers are both foreign y local alike.
As Ii been saying for yeasr only one way to clean it up bulldozer it and start over again ... hopefully the Sh** will be under the bull dozer.. after they clean it up go direct to boca chica

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Sosua is one of the few places in DR where you can walk around at 2 am and hold a phone in your hand without worrying you're gonna get robbed. What happened to Armando was not random, he was targeted.
You forgot to say something very important... And drunk like hell.

JJ

Reactions: Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You do make me giggle Big.

Is that what you call it now ?

Why so much Hate for Sosua , this man was obviously targeted , does not matter where it happened ..
it could have happened at a Church in your neighborhood if that is where they chose to attack him.

trying to comprehend why someone who never goes to a certain Town , (where Real Estate is PROSPERING btw)
also complains about same town . Sosua is by far NOT the most Dangerous little town on the Island , plenty of other places where you can get yourself hurt or at least Robbed .
Sosua is one of the few places in DR where you can walk around at 2 am and hold a phone in your hand without worrying you're gonna get robbed. What happened to Armando was not random, he was targeted.
Exactly , try that ANYWHERE in Santo Domingo at 2 am , I dare anyone to. In fact try just walking around visibly DRUNK at 2 AM, without a Car in sight to pick you up , see if you can make it 5 blocks to your Hotel .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Glad you like to think that. But unfortunately not the case here in Sosua. Things are getting worse here, and I was stabbed walking home at 6:45 pm close to Playa Chiquita. I was treated that night at CMC, and there were at least 4 National Police there asking me questions. Had complications the next day and went to Puerto Plata. Spent 4 days in ICU in Bournigal, 8 pints of blood transfusions. Went to see the police for a report of the incident, but surprisingly 😂 they didn’t have a report.

I have a few friends here who have told me recently that they have had bad experiences walking at night by themselves, and won’t do it anymore.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Is that what you call it now ?

Why so much Hate for Sosua , this man was obviously targeted , does not matter where it happened ..
it could have happened at a Church in your neighborhood if that is where they chose to attack him.

trying to comprehend why someone who never goes to a certain Town , (where Real Estate is PROSPERING btw)
also complains about same town . Sosua is by far NOT the most Dangerous little town on the Island , plenty of other places where you can get yourself hurt or at least Robbed .

I never said Sosua was dangerous. But whenever Sosua is talked about, people remind me of that town that is full of of sleazy bars with ugly guys and cheap Haitian hookers. And they rant on about the place like it's paradise - which I guess to some people it is. And to emphasise how wonderful it is, they usually drop LOTS of capital letters INTO THEIR POST. I admit that when I called it a hell-hole, I should have added "in my opinion".

My personal view is that most places on this island are reasonably safe, provided you know how to behave and you understand that there are a lot of very poor people around you. Often we read about murders on here that were to settle an old score or because of a jilted lover.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Exactly , try that ANYWHERE in Santo Domingo at 2 am , I dare anyone to. In fact try just walking around visibly DRUNK at 2 AM, without a Car in sight to pick you up , see if you can make it 5 blocks to your Hotel .

In the Colonial Zone you're reasonably safe walking around at 2am drunk. It's very busy on the streets there 24/7 and there are a lot of police. But I take your point.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sosua is a lot more than a small area of Pedro Clisante. The location alone is in proximity of some great and varied beaches. Not only Sosua beach and Cabarate but going East you can access Playa Calaton and Playa Grande among many others that you have to know about to even find. PC might be the best beach in the DR. If you have never been go.

And the area also has some really good and varied restaurants. Two below that are highly recommded, and one that I cannot spell the name is the German Restaurant located turning right at the Cell tower at the start of Cabarate. The owner, chef Ricardo is actually Swiss and this place cannot be beat for food and price.

These are just a small sample.

And a reminder. You do not have to go to the small area on Pedro Clisante unless you want to....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Sosua is a lot more than a small area of Pedro Clisante. The location alone is in proximity of some great and varied beaches. Not only Sosua beach and Cabarate but going East you can access Playa Calaton and Playa Grande among many others that you have to know about to even find. PC might be the best beach in the DR. If you have never been go.

And the area also has some really good and varied restaurants. Two below that are highly recommded, and one that I cannot spell the name is the German Restaurant located turning right at the Cell tower at the start of Cabarate. The owner, chef Ricardo is actually Swiss and this place cannot be beat for food and price.

And a reminder. You do not have to go to the small area on Pedro Clisante unless you want to....
The German restaurant in Cabarete is called Bayerische Hof. Not really in Sosua though. I like Sosua, Cabarete and the surrounding areas, but they are all different.

Reactions: jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

thank you for explaining it to her , in your way .
If I could add .. How in the World does she think those $800,000 Condos are selling, themselves ? if the place is such a Sewer ?
Cheap Haitian hookers and million Dollar Condos and Villas .. Hmm .. maybe there is MORE to the story of Sosua than just the intersection of Rosen and Pedro Clisante ?
Not sure how that could be missed by someone who reads this forum on regular, or has bothered to even step foot into the town.
No offense to Maria , but it just amazes me how Wrong people can be about a place , but they really believe it and want to warn others ?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
As Ii been saying for yeasr only one way to clean it up bulldozer it and start over again ... hopefully the Sh** will be under the bull dozer.. after they clean it up go direct to boca chica
If you are a Real Estate Mogul , now is your Chance to make that happen .. Go for it .. lots of opportunity .

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
There is more money per capita in Sosua than in SD or Santiago or anywhere else in DR. If you can look past the Rosen/Clisante intersection you'd see a lot of rich suburbs; Perla Marina, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mirones, La Mulata 1, 2 and 3, Ocean Village, Casa Linda, Hispanola, Infinity Blu... and all the people living in those areas tienen su cuayto.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I wouldn't recommend anyone try it. You may or may not beware of it but Sosua has a very nasty underbelly. Take a walk through the backside of Charamicos after 11pm sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about. That's about a 6 minute ride on a crochrocket over to the El Batey side.

I do agree with you when it comes to this Armando fella. He was definitey singled out and he's very lucky he didn't require trauma care/ doctor as he would have been out of luck.

Reactions: Auryn

HS10

Feb 17, 2008

I agree.....The people who think of Sosua as the 2 blocks of Pedro Clisante do not know Sosua. Sosua is a wonderful town filled with wonderful things. Most of the people I know who live here have nothing to do with those 2 blocks and never go there .