So.... Who watched the Presidents speech?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Well, I will disagree.

Long, boring...... If the President decided to be classy and leave the look-at-how-good-we-are-compared-to-previous-goverments pieces out, he could have trimmed it down to 30mn.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well, I will disagree.

Long, boring...... If the President decided to be classy and leave the look-at-how-good-we-are-compared-to-previous-goverments pieces out, he could have trimmed it down to 30mn.
Indeed it was. I caught about 20 minutes of it while enjoying some fried chicken during lunch. He did seem to be bragging about his achievements but to his credit Team Luis has made some progress since taking office.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Indeed it was. I caught about 20 minutes of it while enjoying some fried chicken during lunch. He did seem to be bragging about his achievements but to his credit Team Luis has made some progress since taking office.

For sure. I do kind of like this current goverment, but not sure Independence Day is the time for campaigning. Thats just me, though.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Another President who wants to say how good he is on a Day that is to celebrate the birth of a nation. If they had only listened to all the speeches of Queen Elizabeth to the nation and all the British Commonwealth , they might have learned how to bring people together.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Another President who wants to say how good he is on a Day that is to celebrate the birth of a nation. If they had only listened to all the speeches of Queen Elizabeth to the nation and all the British Commonwealth , they might have learned how to bring people together.
Queen Elizabeth and all her`speeches.....couldnt keep her family together .....i dont think the British are known for bringing people together

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The President of the Republic appeared before the National Congress to render accounts of the budgetary, financial and management administration of the previous year, as ordered by article 114 of the Constitution, it can be said that he strictly adhered to that mandate.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Well, at least Queen Letizia has been to the DR. 😁 Kidding, though she has been.

As for the president's "rendición de cuentas," same old, same old. The responses are predictable too (allied parties think it was brilliant, opposing parties think it was horrible, etc.)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well, at least Queen Letizia has been to the DR. 😁 Kidding, though she has been.

As for the president's "rendición de cuentas," same old, same old. The responses are predictable too (allied parties think it was brilliant, opposing parties think it was horrible, etc.)
I did an unofficial survey with our teachers, and out of 46 employees only three think this government is doing a good job. The main reason corruption has been less, in some cases, is because of immediate exposure. Hiring three times as many employees as needed is corruption.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
My point was that Independence Day hardly seems like an appropriate day to make an election type of speech no matter what the law may say. In broad terms I would prefer any President to say that such and such has been achieved and such and such still needs to be achieved. I suppose Mandela was one of the greatest speakers on the South Africa National Days .He had great generosity of spirit which is sadly lacking with the DR politicians.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
"Reforma y transformación de la Policia Nacional" has been a disaster for Luis. If he loses the re-election it with be because of the PN and the insecurity on the streets.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
He will not lose any election..He has one of the best propaganda/ publicity offices I have seen .