Playero Not Stocking, like before

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have noticed the Playero is often out of things they used to carry constantly.
One week there were no Oreos, OK I needed a break from sweets.
Then the Purina canned dog food was out for 3 weeks, now it's back with just one flavor.

And the Yoka coconut yogurt was gone for two weeks, now you see it but only a couple cups at a time.
Then my brand of Scott Paper towels was out for a week.

But now they've gone too far - there isn't one darn Bagel in the store.
I love the 'Everything' bagel and the Cinnamon Raisin - but who really loves them are my dogs who gather round when I toast and butter them - and yes they get their bites.
Now I'm flat out of bagels and tomorrow my dogs are going to be pissed.
Playero - do I have to bring 4 mad dogs down there to get bagels restocked ?

Reactions: Auryn

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was there this week but forgot something
So as I was driving home I stopped at Janet’s (I hate Janet’s) and was surprised at the selections and the crowds
BIG store with big inventory

Give it a try

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Same over here, Walmart/ Food Lion/ Kroger etc... Empty shelves some times since Corona Virus.

Reactions: nanita

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've been noticing this for at least 6 months now and it's the same in Playero, Super Pola, and Janet's which I go to just about every day. Some items have disappeared completely and not come back. Other items are out of stock for extended periods of time, and the shelves in general for many items are not as well stocked as they used to be any time in the past 16 years. It's not just this "high season" that this started.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You took the words out of my mouth. Not noticing a difference in San Cristóbal.
I just noticed the other day that BRAVO now has cottage cheese. Quite a surprise. They also have the best brownies from Bocados.

Reactions: AlterEgo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just noticed the other day that BRAVO now has cottage cheese. Quite a surprise. They also have the best brownies from Bocados.
Cottage cheese is one item that I haven't seen in Playero or Super Pola in a long time. Janet's occasionally has Breakstones, but it's at least double the price you'd pay in the US. Apparently, Dominicans don't like it or never heard of it(?).

Reactions: JD Jones

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have not noticed much change in Playero but La Pola is just an embarrassment to the entire chain. I buy most things in Playero but every now and then I have to go to La Pola for something that Playero do not have and it is shocking how a national chain can allow their supplies to be constantly so low. In recent visits to Santo Domingo and Santiago all shelves are stacked high. I have not been to Janets for a very long time, I was always put off by the smell of their meat department but I hear that things have drastically improved there.

Reactions: Seamonkey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have not noticed much change in Playero but La Pola is just an embarrassment to the entire chain. I buy most things in Playero but every now and then I have to go to La Pola for something that Playero do not have and it is shocking how a national chain can allow their supplies to be constantly so low. In recent visits to Santo Domingo and Santiago all shelves are stacked high. I have not been to Janets for a very long time, I was always put off by the smell of their meat department but I hear that things have drastically improved there.
Janet's put in new coolers and freezers a while ago, so you no longer have that smell in the meat department.

Reactions: chico bill and tee

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Playero has dropped the ball on many levels. Many products are cheaper at Pola now. Yokesso cheddar cheese is 75 pesos per lb cheaper at Pola. That's only one example. Cat and dog food goes up monthly.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Glad to hear Janet’s doesn’t smell anymore

I guess I noticed it when I was there but I just wanted in/out since I dislike the place

I disliked it because of the smell

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Playero- the entire freezer where the pizzas are was empty except for a handful of pizzas yesterday. Maybe the freezer quit?
My kids like the vanilla Oreos but we haven’t been able to find them.
Shortages there and Pola seem to be getting worse.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The bagels got restocked today ! My dogs have put away their swat gear and we won't have to assault Playero.

Reactions: malko

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Playero- the entire freezer where the pizzas are was empty except for a handful of pizzas yesterday. Maybe the freezer quit?
My kids like the vanilla Oreos but we haven’t been able to find them.
Shortages there and Pola seem to be getting worse.
Not a fan of vanilla Oreos, but you are right I haven't seen them for some time. Maybe they don't sell well?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Playero has dropped the ball on many levels. Many products are cheaper at Pola now. Yokesso cheddar cheese is 75 pesos per lb cheaper at Pola. That's only one example. Cat and dog food goes up monthly.
Their roasted whole chicken is quite a bit cheaper at Super Pola.

Reactions: Seamonkey

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We don't have a Playero in Bavaro but I have noticed a shortage of most things our grocery stores.
Even thou it's just after a major long weekend and a payday the Jumbo in Bavaro was absolutely chaotic.
Empty shelves, boxes blocking all the isles, it was plain old stupid.
I guess this country still has not heard of shift work.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Cottage cheese is one item that I haven't seen in Playero or Super Pola in a long time. Janet's occasionally has Breakstones, but it's at least double the price you'd pay in the US. Apparently, Dominicans don't like it or never heard of it(?).
Pola has an amazing brand of cottage cheese called Essential Everyday, which is the closest I've ever found to my beloved Hood. Yes, I am from Massachusetts.

Reactions: Auryn