Cybercurrency promoter ordered to 18 months in preventive custody

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Jairo-Gonzalez-El-Dia-1024x622.png

The Permanent Attention Court of the National District imposed 18 months of preventive custody against the president of Harvest Groups & Asociados, Jairo González. González is accused of operating a financial scam.

Judge Rigoberto Sena Ferreras ordered that Gonzalez, who more than 200 people accuse of scamming them for over US$100 million, to serve the measure in the jail of San Pedro de Macoris.

Prosecutor Janit Pujos had asked for 18 months of preventive imprisonment against the accused.

The case file says that the company Harvest Trading Cap had been operating in the country since 2019. Investigations into the financial operations began in mid-January after more than 30 persons placed claims of fraud. The company did not have government authorization to sell financial products.

The investigating body claims that the accused, as manager and owner of Havest Trading...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The stock and crypto markets are no joke.

I understand why people want to trust others to hold their money and make them more of it.
But therein lies the secret that is hidden from most.
Sure, he looks like a real trustworthy guy.
You cannot trust anyone.

You need to hold your own stuff.
And make your own money.
Trust but verify ‼️

Crypto will change the way people think about assets.
Self custody.
DeFi
It will change the world when the switch for the great reset is thrown

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is one of the last places in the world
The stock and crypto markets are no joke.

I understand why people want to trust others to hold their money and make them more of it.
But therein lies the secret that is hidden from most.

You cannot trust anyone.

You need to hold your own stuff.
And make your own money.
Trust but verify ‼️

Crypto will change the way people think about assets.
Self custody.
DeFi
It will change the world when the switch for the great reset is thrown
This is one of the last places in the world I would ever get involved in an "investment" like this.

The banksters around the world are so powerful that I would never bet against them.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This is one of the last places in the world

This is one of the last places in the world I would ever get involved in an "investment" like this.
I am uncertain of the type of "investment" you are referring to sense this a complete scam.
As for true investments I have made several of them in 🇩🇴.
They were vetted by my own due diligence and by my attorney.
To date I am satisfied with the results.
The banksters around the world are so powerful that I would never bet against them.
Self-custody does not require anyone to bet against anyone.
Actually you are betting on yourself.

But as long as the rule of law is in play there are 🇩🇴 CD's you can invest in.
As the return OF your money is more important than the return ON your money.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
We may snigger at the people who fell for the scam, but we cannot forget that it is much harder for regular people in the DR to invest in the stock market.
Back home, all you need is a phone, internet and a couple hundred $/€, here.......well, not going to happen.

Just to open a bank account, one has to pledge one's first born, so imagine setting up a brokerage account.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Jan 9, 2004
We may snigger at the people who fell for the scam, but we cannot forget that it is much harder for regular people in the DR to invest in the stock market.
Back home, all you need is a phone, internet and a couple hundred $/€, here.......well, not going to happen.

Just to open a bank account, one has to pledge one's first born, so imagine setting up a brokerage account.

That is why so many Dominicans have both bank and brokerage accounts in the US.

And as you suggest, all they need is the money, a phone and an internet connection.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This guy's interview with Nuria really sunk him.