Sosúa Beach Renovations

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I can't understand why so many intelligent people in this forum and nobody said that the mean reason of the Sousa beach clean up is the mega proyecto financiado por el Banco Central y endorsed by our leader the president of the country Luis Abinader and the Hollywood star Vin Diesel.
One billion dollar Will be invested between Puerto Plata and Sosua.

JJ
I've said it a few times.
He showed up in person to accept those deeds for a reason.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Is was only a memorandum of understanding Vinny signed two yrs ago …photo op handshake next..
Today is a reality, took a bit to complete the plan of development and was treated like a top secret but some have been released lately.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
If you are thinking in doing a investment in DR do it now, I am thinking to spend several months this year over there as I am already retired.
I will be looking to buy at least a piece 🧩 f land in Puerto Plata area.

JJ

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you are thinking in doing a investment in DR do it now, I am thinking to spend several months this year over there as I am already retired.
I will be looking to buy at least a piece 🧩 f land in Puerto Plata area.

JJ
Prices are going up, but let's get back to the beach. Are they working on the first plaza these days?

Reactions: bachata

Big

Apr 24, 2019
They just don't "get it", do they? Big money has been at work and the results are slow but finally happening.
If "big" money is at work why is development and change taking 15 plus years to reach fruition. I will be happy if they just fill the potholes on the road in front of Sea Horse Ranch. If this "big" money is at work, why is it possible to buy a hotel for 500.000 U.S

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
The reason why the North Coast was abandoned is because almost 20 years of PLD.
PLD leaders and high profile jobs positions were filled with Tigueres de la Capital and from El Sur.
Now is time for NC, we have a Cibaeno en el palacio again, a man of that belongs to a distinguish family of Santiago.

JJ

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
For the masses, the DR does AI's well, not so well on off resort tourism. I have a lot of friends who visited the AI's often who are amazed I spend time in and about the island. They tell me there is no way they go off the resort other than guided tours.
If they were smart, they would turn Sosua beach into an AI. Anything else is a gamble.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The reason why the North Coast was abandoned is because almost 20 years of PLD.
PLD leaders and high profile jobs positions were filled with Tigueres de la Capital and from El Sur.
Now is time for NC, we have a Cibaeno en el palacio again, a man of that belongs to a distinguish family of Santiago.

JJ
You said it better, but I also think its not just even about the Money, but a Matter of Personal PRIDE, and Showing what no one else did in 20 years .

this is why many of us in the past made jokes about simple things like sidewalk for example, which the Mayor of Sosia could not even finish .. what a compete disgrace they all were .

Reactions: bachata

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
For the masses, the DR does AI's well, not so well on off resort tourism. I have a lot of friends who visited the AI's often who are amazed I spend time in and about the island. They tell me there is no way they go off the resort other than guided tours.
If they were smart, they would turn Sosua beach into an AI. Anything else is a gamble.
I'm pretty sure turning Sosua beach into an AI will never go over big with locals.

Reactions: jd426 and ramesses

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If "big" money is at work why is development and change taking 15 plus years to reach fruition. I will be happy if they just fill the potholes on the road in front of Sea Horse Ranch. If this "big" money is at work, why is it possible to buy a hotel for 500.000 U.S
You ommitted one small detail and that would be the 16 year run of the do nothing PLD has come to end.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't think they did nothing. They stole a tremendous amount!

Sosua beach is not turning into an AI for those fantasizing about what is happening there.
Indeed. It appears they stole more than most people probably thought they did.

When I say "do nothing" I am referring to all of the broken promises they made to the people/ communities on the north coast of which I used to be a part of back in 2013 while living in Charamicos.

As far as an AI resort being built? Obvisoiusly I have no more information about their plans than the rest of you but if I had to guess...
I think they will probably end up building medium sized hotel surrounded by upscale condominiums.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I don't think they did nothing. They stole a tremendous amount!

Sosua beach is not turning into an AI for those fantasizing about what is happening there.
I never said they were thinking of turning the beach into an AI, I said they would be smart to, as that is what the DR does well when it comes to tourism. Very few people I know would consider the DR for a off resort vacation.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I never said they were thinking of turning the beach into an AI, I said they would be smart to, as that is what the DR does well when it comes to tourism. Very few people I know would consider the DR for a off resort vacation.
There are thousands of snowbirds right here on the north coast that stay in their vacation condos here. Thousands of rentals, too. There's a lot of people that don't want to stay at a resort.