End of Life Scenario

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Reading about Danilo's prostate cancer reminds me of my friend who has been suffering for 14 yrs.....
now in his bones , he needs a walker..... broke his arm getting into a car..... brittle bones
Plus
He loses blood regularly, once a week he tops up with a pint.... takes hours

He has made his plans and is ready
Canada offers death assistance which he intends to use

I wonder what is available here when one feels it's 'time to go'?

Not wanting to suffer more or inconvenience family more......

I am an advocate of the assistance and wonder what (if any) options are available in the DR

Reactions: Neargale

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
I am also an advocate of assistant suicide. Dr. Kevorkian was a head of his time. Watching my father die was terrible, the suffering he went through. We treat our pets with more dignity in end of life situations. If you had the where;with;all and the means sitting in your idling car in your garage will do it.

Reactions: cavok

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hole in the ground in my conuco...... pistol to the head...... only half joking, my wife wouldnt let me 🤨.

• Wow
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Here's an interesting concept..... for those over 75

I'm not there yet, 7 years to go, but he does bring up good points: "What is important to you?"

But declining an invasive treatment is so different than actively ending your life. I could never take the shot.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I do understand what you're saying.... but pain and suffering is a great motivator.
You've got that right.
My greatest fear is that I might reach a point where a deterioration of my brain would not allow me to make any such decisions.
There are any number of ways that could occur.
That's why a living will is such an important document.
This thread, in itself, could prove to be a great motivator to schedule an appointment with my friendly neighborhood notary.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My take on it is that the cure can be as ugly as the disease.... pick your poison

Taking the shot is the last resort.....

My Cdn friend needs help dressing - uses a walker - might die if he falls
LOTS of problems

I do not to be lying there, being attended to for an extended period.

The shot is illegal here - so are a lot of other things

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes, flyintheroom, I believe that your posting was spot on. These days , pain can be treated by drugs so that a person can read books and listen to music but if a person is brain dead,it is wise to have made a living will earlier on, so that people know your wishes and can act accordingly.

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
Yes, flyintheroom, I believe that your posting was spot on. These days , pain can be treated by drugs so that a person can read books and listen to music but if a person is brain dead,it is wise to have made a living will earlier on, so that people know your wishes and can act accordingly.
Maybe in some cases.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That poison that killed the teacher might be a fast solution.
I think the Smith & Wesson clinic is the fastest solution and let's you pick you outdoor inspiring location.

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I want to die old with a good story to tell...
don't too much care how.
My brother's have been telling me for years I'm like a cat with 9 lives. Should have dead x3 or 4 a long time ago. No way would I ever cheat and opt for suicide.

• Love