JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Reactions: AlaPlaya

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Great< we were planning a trip to Punta Cana late summer!
Fine if you want to enjoy the swimming pools. But Punta Cana from May to October is horrible if you want to go in the ocean, even though most of the hotels do their best to clean the seaweed throughout the day. The public beach areas around Los Corales/El Cortecito don't have the same resources.

Jan 9, 2004
And to further give this a Dominican twist, a company called SOS Carbon is leading the way to find solutions for the sargassum problem. That company has as one of its founders Andres Bisono Leon, an MIT graduate...............and Dominican.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
None right now on our beach in El Frances, Samana. I do not see any approaching in the water. Hopefully it all keeps going to Mexico or sinks in the water.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
None right now on our beach in El Frances, Samana. I do not see any approaching in the water. Hopefully it all keeps going to Mexico or sinks in the water.
I also checked out the live cam at a well known resort in Punta Cana, and I only see a little on the beach there, and none in the water.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Great< we were planning a trip to Punta Cana late summer!
You better not go anywhere near the Gulf, Southern Atlantic or the Caribbean this summer. According to the University of South Florida College of Marine Science Optical Oceanography Laboratory's Sargassum Watch System, or SaWS the world as we know it is going to end (lol), again.

You can clearly see the entire island of Hispanola is completely covered head to toe along with Cuba and my home state of Florida.

Can you imagine the negative physcological impact this exaggerated fear mongering crap must be having on young school children?

1679950462360.png