Post Office for Sosua/Cabarete is now at Puerto Plata Airport.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Over the past several weeks I had tried to visit the Dominican INPOSDOM Post Office in Sosua that is near the Edenorte office.
I was expecting a letter that could only be mailed using my actual street address in the DR. None of the mail forwarding services like EPS would do.
The office was never open.

The last time I went I found out that there I found out the post office was moved to Puerto Plata Airport.
Now that is just plain stupid, and you can't fix stupid.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Where else would you move it to. Don't we all regularly drop in at the airport. Its a must see place to be.
its been there for at least a couple months. I found it odd to be there but stupid is a much better description.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have had very good success with the Dominican post office lately. I received a package from Ireland that arrived in Santo Domingo on the 9th and received it on the 20th here in Jarabacoa. I received six tax documents from Canada as well last week, and they were sent from Canada two weeks ago. I get notified on WhatsApp when every they received something for me. Post mistress is a former client.

Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That post office has been in POP for a long time. I'm guessing they moved it there because it was the cheapest, easiest thing to do. That doesn't make it any less stupid though.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have had very good success with the Dominican post office lately. I received a package from Ireland that arrived in Santo Domingo on the 9th and received it on the 20th here in Jarabacoa. I received six tax documents from Canada as well last week, and they were sent from Canada two weeks ago. I get notified on WhatsApp when every they received something for me. Post mistress is a former client.
Do you have to drive half an hour or more to reach your post office? I would now, and that would be just to check and see if something is there.
And I would have to pay for parking while I am at it.

Putting the INPOSDOM at the airport for Cabarete and Sosua residents is a ludicrous location.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's not in the airport it's in pop, I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Where is it then? That it was at the POP airport is what the sign said in Sosua a few days before my original post. Perhaps the move was made after your last visit to the Sosua office that is now closed. I was also told the same by the CORAAPPLATA office staff in that same office plaza in Sosua.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Do you have to drive half an hour or more to reach your post office? I would now, and that would be just to check and see if something is there.
And I would have to pay for parking while I am at it.

Putting the INPOSDOM at the airport for Cabarete and Sosua residents is a ludicrous location.
About a ten-minute walk. I agree with you, terrible location.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
If i remember correctly if you take a right just after the old post office and go up to the top of the hill it's the big bldg. on the right.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If i remember correctly if you take a right just after the old post office and go up to the top of the hill it's the big bldg. on the right.
In what city? This thread is about the post office in Sosua now being located at Puerto Plata airport (POP)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If the post office is truly at the airport now, then all of the posts that say it is elsewhere should be deleted - Just confusing. I'm still not entirely sure where the post office is now located. Where at the airport is it located assuming someone has actually been there?

Reactions: windeguy

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
If the post office is truly at the airport now, then all of the posts that say it is elsewhere should be deleted - Just confusing. I'm still not entirely sure where the post office is now located. Where at the airport is it located assuming someone has actually been there?
It is right beside the bathrooms on the lower level to the right of the arrival doors. I believe it use to be a souvenir shop. I didn't go inside but the sign clearly indicates that it is the post office.

Reactions: windeguy and cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am glad we now understand where the post office for Sosua and Cabarete is at the POP airport (and no longer in Sosua).

I am definitely not glad of where it is.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
POP is short for Puerto Plata, The new post office is not far from the old one downtown Puerto Plata but if you want to drive from POP to the airport that's up to you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
POP is short for Puerto Plata, The new post office is not far from the old one downtown Puerto Plata but if you want to drive from POP to the airport that's up to you.
This thread is about the post office at Puerto Plata airport for those of us in Cabarete or Sosua, but I suppose it is good to know where the post office is in Puerto Plata for those that live in Puerto Plata.

Reactions: rogerjac

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
POP is the airport identifier for Puerto Plata airport similar to SDQ being the airport in Santo Domingo and PUJ is the airport in Punta Cana.

Reactions: rogerjac