Where the road begins

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
The stateside immigration process was completed and now I need some actual addresses (ha), or street coordinates where the process of completing the temporary visa process begins. In which immigration building does the process start? Does the entire process happen there or are there multiple locations? I understand there is an off-site doctor's location for the physical. I assume I'll be directed by immigration to one of those offices. Just need pointed to the starting line. Thanks .

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Thanks. The link was great. Took me to the correct office and allowed me to get a bunch of information done ahead of time online. The devil is in the details. I was about to head to the offices along the Malecon and Avenida Independencia but the offices are further west at Malecon and Luperon. Thanks guys for saving me some time and aggravation.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Thanks. The link was great. Took me to the correct office and allowed me to get a bunch of information done ahead of time online. The devil is in the details. I was about to head to the offices along the Malecon and Avenida Independencia but the offices are further west at Malecon and Luperon. Thanks guys for saving me some time and aggravation.
Be careful. There is a Ave. Luperon and a Calle Heroes de Luperon. Do a search for "Teatro Agua y luz" and that's where Immigration is located.

Reactions: cavok

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Be careful. There is a Ave. Luperon and a Calle Heroes de Luperon. Do a search for "Teatro Agua y luz" and that's where Immigration is located.

Absolutely correct. Immigration is at the corner of the malecon and Calle Heroes de Luperon. Huge building, well marked.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
You're correct. I shortened it when I wrote it. It is Heroes de Luperon. Thanks for correcting that. Having started my visa process in the U.S. I was able to sit down with an employee there at Immigration, hand in all the paperwork that had apostille seals and Spanish translation cover letters, and walked out in 90 minutes. Thought I'd write later in more detail about some of the ins and outs I learned. Now just waiting on the locals to process the info I turned in and call me back in the next 90 days to do the health physical and wrap things up. I was tickled that I could get out of there so fast on Monday.

Reactions: windeguy