Jarabacoa or Constanza ?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Tired of this heat looking for a few days to travel this coming July-August. Jarabacoa or Constanza what does each have to offer. This would be for myself and Dominican spouse and a 12 year old Girl.

Any hotel suggestion's? Midrate hotel around $80 per night. Not really a fan of all included Hotels but would prefer something central located, near restaurants ect. Also must be accessible by car (old) NOT a Jeep or 4wheel drive.

Xtraveller, needs fresh cool air.

Reactions: cavok and SKY

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
in Jarabacoa i would recommend Hotel Gran Jimenoa ......beside a river with beautifull views ,nice pool ,nice grounds and a nice restaurant.
Very reasonable rates.......and dog friendly

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Tired of this heat looking for a few days to travel this coming July-August. Jarabacoa or Constanza what does each have to offer. This would be for myself and Dominican spouse and a 12 year old Girl.

Any hotel suggestion's? Midrate hotel around $80 per night. Not really a fan of all included Hotels but would prefer something central located, near restaurants ect. Also must be accessible by car (old) NOT a Jeep or 4wheel drive.

Xtraveller, needs fresh cool air.
Jarabacoa ! Take a nice hotel at the river . Your Wife and her daughter gonna love it !!! You might be bored to dead but you will survive !

Reactions: XTraveller

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I love the Hotel Nuevo Suizo. Built in the '40s and still has Trujillo's suite.

Reactions: PJT

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Constanza is a long, winding drive off the autopista. Jarabacoa is much easier. Not much going on in Constanza, which is mainly an agricultural centre, so I would have thought Jarabacoa would be a better choice for the girl if she likes things like horse riding and white water rafting.

Reactions: JD Jones

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Constanza is a long, winding drive off the autopista. Jarabacoa is much easier. Not much going on in Constanza, which is mainly an agricultural centre, so I would have thought Jarabacoa would be a better choice for the girl if she likes things like horse riding and white water rafting.
Don’t forget Constanza is much colder. If that’s what you are looking for…

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Windeguy-Thank you Jaracoba seems a better place for us,
Manuel01-Thank you, I think Jarabacoa by river seems to be a place for us. It would be a good place for myself and wife to rest and also have something to keep little girl busy.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Thank you, We will be coming from the south. I think we must leave the autopista at the same place towards Constanza and then turn North towards Jarabacoa. How are these roads? Do we need a Jepeta? I am sure the girl would like the activity you suggested, not sure about myself but I and my wife can relax.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thank you, We will be coming from the south. I think we must leave the autopista at the same place towards Constanza and then turn North towards Jarabacoa. How are these roads? Do we need a Jepeta? I am sure the girl would like the activity you suggested, not sure about myself but I and my wife can relax.
The roads are paved with occasional rough spots. The fastest and best route to Jarabacoa is exiting the autopista Duarte just north of La Vega. If you exit to Constanza it is a nice drive but slower and longer. You might check out the Jarabacoa River Club, not as nice as the Gran Jimenoa but very beautiful setting, and more for the girl to do.

Reactions: XTraveller

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
The roads are paved with occasional rough spots. The fastest and best route to Jarabacoa is exiting the autopista Duarte just north of La Vega. If you exit to Constanza it is a nice drive but slower and longer. You might check out the Jarabacoa River Club, not as nice as the Gran Jimenoa but very beautiful setting, and more for the girl to do.
Thanks Bob. Nice video. So I decided on Jarabacoa and investigating the two Hotels recommend. (Jimenoa and River Club.