HIERROS or NO HIERROS

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Unbelievable...you guys are checking dominican streets to proof what ?! Dominicans are the biggest chickens i ever meet in my entire live. There is no need to go to google street view to proof this. I have seen Iron bars at the 16th floor (Spiderman might climb down from the 17th floor and grab their 32" TV). Dominicans are afraid of their own shadow.
Because of what Rey wrote: "HIERROS IN PIANTINI ? I believe you are confused … IN PIANTINI HIERROS ? No way"
To proof him wrong.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
another favorite security features before you even get the bars is the mid evil broken glass shards cemented on top of the perimeter wall.

Reactions: JD Jones

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I'm totally the ANTI HIERRO GUY !!!
A life in Fear is No Life at all.
Some fancy Cameras outside (Real or Fake does the same Job). Some nice Signs that your Home is Alarm protected (get on amazon) and you are good.
You are not in the US, don't trust cameras the Police in DR won't show up until the next day.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Have you ever heard about the Hombre Araña in Santiago, he climb 4 levels building and brake thought the bathroom Windows in La Villa Olímpica.

JJ

Reactions: Aguaita29

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
From my balcony, hierros all way around, cameras and four watchman chequing on me..I think I am safe when over there.

Attachments

• vacation 2022 529.jpg
    vacation 2022 529.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 76

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I have this one installed during my last trip to DR, apartamento en Santiago.
Hierros por todos lados!

JJ

Attachments

• vacation 2022 781.jpg
    vacation 2022 781.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 85

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
My friend PIANTINI it’s the safest neighborhood in the Dominican Republic NO hierros needed …

Anyone who goes around thinking a neighborhood is completely safe is almost certainly asking to be robbed. Most attacks in Santo Domingo take place in the rich areas. If you were two kids on a moto looking to get money, would you a) go to a poorest area and steal a handbag with a few coins in it or b) go to the richest one and steal a designer handbag full of cash?

Regarding bars, they are mainly cosmetic especially if they are the type that opens. I've seen how quickly they can be opened (just ask any of your rough friends from the barrios they all seem to know a way). In reality if you live in a nice residential block in the city and it has decent security (ie security guards that make their presence felt and don't fall asleep all the time, cameras etc) then you're unlikely to get someone from outside trying to break in, bars or no bars. The block I live in has one person doing camera monitoring and the cameras are very sophisticated and have facial recognition and at night the security guards take it in turn to sleep so there is always a team who is awake. Everyone who visits comments on the level of security, but there are some seriously expensive cars around and seriously rich people living there and you do feel 100% safe.

However the biggest threat will always be the person that you let in. Rey we have told you many many times you need to wise up. You seem to be one of these guys who tells everyone every aspect of his life (at least you seem to do so on DR1) and you must be aware that there are some very convincing people in this city who will very happily become your friends, find out all about you and then rob you blind. Those are the ones you need to watch out for, forget about your bars.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Unbelievable...you guys are checking dominican streets to proof what ?! Dominicans are the biggest chickens i ever meet in my entire live. There is no need to go to google street view to proof this. I have seen Iron bars at the 16th floor (Spiderman might climb down from the 17th floor and grab their 32" TV). Dominicans are afraid of their own shadow.
A guy tried this at my 16th floor apartment in Puerto Rico.
Funny though I was sitting on my balcony drinking a PBR when his feet came dangling down.
I just watched until he got where his feet wouldn't quite touch my steel (and rusting) railing .
Then I asked him WTF he was doing. It scared him so much he almost dropped 16 floors - which wouldn't have bothered me too much.
Turns out he was 15 years old and I had to help lower him down on to my balcony - then I marched him to the elevator & down to Condo Security.
Turns out he was the son of one of the plumbers who were doing remodeling the apt above after its owner died.
He and his father were not allowed back in the building after that. Only thing I had of value were my golf clubs and laptop - And the moron likely would could have died if I wasn't there to help him

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Nice - are you going to put mosquito screen on it ?
We don't have mosquito issues in the Santiago apartamento, the building is located on high Land. The wind blow so strong that mosquitoes won't stand 😔 they are blown away.
We keep the windows half way open because the picture frame are blown too when the wind gust hit the building.

JJ

Reactions: chico bill

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
DR construction Price are ridiculous, that gate cost me a little bit over US $200. Dollars including the removals of the old one and installations plus finish painting touch up.

JJ

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You are not in the US, don't trust cameras the Police in DR won't show up until the next day.

JJ

Again it depends on where you are. In upscale areas the police show up in seconds. Every time I have called 911 from the Colonial Zone they have come in less than 1 minute. Same in Piantini, Bella Vista, La Julia. In Cazicazgos, the most upmarket area, they have permanent patrols going up and down Anacaona.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo