South Korea assists DR in reducing teenage pregnancies

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Embarazo-en-adolescente-Listin-Diario-1024x684.png

The Ministry of Economy & Planning announced that Deputy Minister Olaya Dotel is in South Korea to exchange experiences on pregnancy prevention and comprehensive adolescent health care. Dotel is in charge of international cooperation at the ministry. She is the head of a mission that is making a high-level visit to South Korea.

The Ministry of Economy & Planning explains that the visit is part of the project “Prevention of Adolescent Pregnancy and Strengthening of Comprehensive Adolescent Health in the Dominican Republic,” underway with the assistance of the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). The project is in its third stage.

The schedule of visits and meetings is:Monday, 22 May:Ministry of Gender Equality and Family of South Korea.Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA).

Tuesday, 23 May:Center for Sexual Education and Orientation for Youth...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Don't they teach sex education in Dominican public schools?
Or is the country too religious/puritan to educate young teens about condoms and pregnancy prevention?

This problem stems from lack of education.
In Cuba education is free, mandatory and more comprehensive, so you never hear about teen moms being a national issue.

Reactions: Nadie21

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Or is the country too religious/puritan to educate young teens about condoms and pregnancy prevention?

In Cuba education is free, mandatory and more comprehensive, so you never hear about teen moms being a national issue.
You don't hear about them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I came across more than a few in my travels.

Reactions: Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You don't hear about them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I came across more than a few in my travels.
I had a manicurist many years ago that was a 34 year old Grandmother and the kid was 4 or 5 years old.......

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Hogwash, education in Cuba is indoctrination, and selective, and Cuba has one of highest rates of teen abortion and suicide. My sister in law is Cuban and taught high school there for 10 years.

Reactions: Big and JD Jones

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009

Sure they do ! Until the age of 12 only Theory and right after they practice !!!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This program won't make a difference.
The 18 to 25 year old Ninis will who can
not get a girl their own age mainly due to
their financial situation will continue having
sex with young girls who are naive and impressionable.

Ask any young mother under the age of 18
how old the baby's father is if you don't believe me.
14 and 15 year olds having sex with guys in their early
twenties is normal in the DR. Good luck with changing it.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Funny my cuban friends who are educators (PhDs) would not agree with your and your teacher sister in laws educated opinion. And your anger with cubans appears pretty overwhelming. Thank goodness they have education where students might be learning (of course politically speaking it is what it is). And they get their abortions instead of what goes on, out of control elsewhere. .

Reactions: DR fan1990

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Funny my cuban friends who are educators (PhDs) would not agree with your and your teacher sister in laws educated opinion. And your anger with cubans appears pretty overwhelming. Thank goodness they have education where students might be learning (of course politically speaking it is what it is). And they get their abortions instead of what goes on, out of control elsewhere. .

Also life expectancy is higher in Cuba (77.5 years old) in comparison with the DR (72.8 years old), and I assume this is largely due to the completely free and mandatory education and free healthcare.

A more educated population can make better and informed decisions for their health and birth control.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
LOL, l like Cubans, and have spent a lot of time in Cubans homes away from the prying eye and ears of Government spies. I know a lot of educated Cubans, university professors, doctors...etc. Who do you think enlightened me to how horrible their education system really is? We will have to disagree of the value of terminating a human like, especially when BC is readily available, except maybe not in Cuba's wonderful medical system.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Also life expectancy is higher in Cuba (77.5 years old) in comparison with the DR (72.8 years old), and I assume this is largely due to the completely free and mandatory education and free healthcare.

A more educated population can make better and informed decisions for their health and birth control.
You are delusional. Cuban government numbers are as accurate as China's covid stats.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
lmao, you mean the communist Cuba that jails and kills people for different opinions. The place where people make 25 dollars a month and stand in bread lines. They do have education. It's called brainwashing!

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes because South Korea knows how to tap into the Dominican adolescent culture 😂😂😂 what's next, Chinese men showing Dominican men how to have sexual relations with their numerous partners.