Keurig coffee pot

Aug 21, 2007
You are in Santo Domingo? I have two that I do not use. The pods were too expensive, not environmentally friendly, and I could not find them here in the DR. I am in Jamao. Would gladly give you one of my Keurig's if you have a way of getting it.

Reactions: JD Jones

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You are in Santo Domingo? I have two that I do not use. The pods were too expensive, not environmentally friendly, and I could not find them here in the DR. I am in Jamao. Would gladly give you one of my Keurig's if you have a way of getting it.

Why not buy one of the reusable K cups? (I can put one in the tanque I’m packing for you if you’d like one)

Reactions: dulce

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Lindsey,you are far away.I will pay for shipping on metro exoress if you will go thru the trouble,but otherwise we are really far away.By the way what models are they??

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Why not buy one of the reusable K cups? (I can put one in the tanque I’m packing for you if you’d like one)

One keeps on learning. I have never seen this in my life.👍🏻
In Holland we used to use this old school filter with paper filters (granny style):

Now that I remember, we have one here, my wife prefers it to the greca when no lights.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
One keeps on learning. I have never seen this in my life.👍🏻
In Holland we used to use this old school filter with paper filters (granny style):

Now that I remember, we have one here, my wife prefers it to the greca when no lights.
I bought 800 cone type filters off eBay for almost nada.
That's over 2 years of coffee drinking for me.

Aug 21, 2007
Lindsey,you are far away.I will pay for shipping on metro exoress if you will go thru the trouble,but otherwise we are really far away.By the way what models are they??
I am in Jamao. That is about 3 hours from Santo Domingo. And I also have a K cup for it if you like. Jamao is in the mountains and we have no Caribe Tours to ship it. Where exactly are you? Maybe I can find someone in Jamao who needs to go to Santo Domingo and they can drop it off somewhere for you.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Shipping
I had a similar problem with my meat order from SD to Cabrera
Caribe stopped accepting food.

Finally we found one of those small busses that went daily from Cabrera.... Kenny.... who accepted it
Perhaps a similar 'guagua' type situation can be found in Jamao

Reactions: LindseyKaufman
Aug 21, 2007
Shipping
I had a similar problem with my meat order from SD to Cabrera
Caribe stopped accepting food.

Finally we found one of those small busses that went daily from Cabrera.... Kenny.... who accepted it
Perhaps a similar 'guagua' type situation can be found in Jamao
Thanks. Will check. I think it must be Jamao - Moca. Moca - SD. But that's okay. Surely I can find someone.

Reactions: jaguarbob

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
After using a greca here for years I don’t know why anyone would use a k cup maker, or a drip maker for that matter, to cook their coffee here. The taste results are inferior. Please pardon my negative opinion on this otherwise very cordial thread.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
After using a greca here for years I don’t know why anyone would use a k cup maker, or a drip maker for that matter, to cook their coffee here. The taste results are inferior. Please pardon my negative opinion on this otherwise very cordial thread.
I drink too much so I usually use a drip maker, but I also have a greca or my french press when I want a really good cup of coffee.

Reactions: Gadfly

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I prefer filtered coffee a hundred times to the espresso system. And if you drink a lot of coffee, as I do, the greca coffee is not good for your colesterol.

Reactions: Gadfly

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I had a drip maker when I first moved here. A power surge killed it in no time. Then I discovered grecas.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Mine makes 2 cups or 1 big one if I want. A BIG AMERICAN CUP. They sell them big and little.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I am in Jamao. That is about 3 hours from Santo Domingo. And I also have a K cup for it if you like. Jamao is in the mountains and we have no Caribe Tours to ship it. Where exactly are you? Maybe I can find someone in Jamao who needs to go to Santo Domingo and they can drop it off somewhere for you.
I live in zona colonial right iff el conde but will go anywhere in santo domingo for pickuo

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I live in zona colonial in santo domingo but will go anywhere in city if needed to pick it up,thanks

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Grecas are Italian espresso machines. For drinkers of small cups of coffee.
Greca is a latin slang term. An Italian stovetop espresso maker is called a Bialetti pot (after its inventer), aka the Moka pot, also called a macchinetta. A "greca" is a cheap aluminum cast hunk of garbage found in the tienda china for a few pennies and you can bet the surface material always comes off in the coffee over time making its way to the brain (as these particles fit through the blood-brain barrier) embedding permanently in the brain tissue.