Cangrejo bridge closed due to major structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That just looks like the base asphalt layer(?).
As soon as they put the final layer of asphalt on they will realize they didn't put in the pipes.
Then they will have to dig up the asphalt and put the pipes in . Don't you know how it is done here?

I am just kidding about it in this case , but in general anyone that lives here has seen what I mean.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
As soon as they put the final layer of asphalt on they will realize they didn't put in the pipes.
Then they will have to dig up the asphalt and put the pipes in . Don't you know how it is done here?

I am just kidding about it in this case , but in general anyone that lives here has seen what I mean.
It amazes me everyday how often people here cannot plan a logical sequence in construction. Even when you babysit they will not listen and try to do it wrong again and again and they don’t care about the result.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

That's pretty much what seems to have happened in Jamao. They put down asphalt through the town as part of the Sabaneta - Moca road, only to smash it up again to put in new curbs.

Reactions: windeguy

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Actually I was surprised at the height of the guardrail. It appears to be a lot lower than the ones on North American bridges. In the video it appears to be much lower than the waistline of the workers on the bridge.
Yes it's lower even than the average bridges in DR, I noticed that too...
Not suicide prevention 🤔

JJ

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
That bridge wasn't built by The Bridge and Dine Company but it was built A la Brigandina 😂

JJ

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
It amazes me everyday how often people here cannot plan a logical sequence in construction. Even when you babysit they will not listen and try to do it wrong again and again and they don’t care about the result.
the brain Gene is not a strong suit here

Reactions: Notengo

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So pretty to see… I can’t even remember who I bet a dinner it would be finished this yr! :LOL:

0D691C36-E3AC-4310-9DE1-CC2206AEE716.jpeg

Reactions: bachata

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013

You must mean the corner in Sosua going up to Hispanola. Corraplata have been working on this for almost a month. And now another pile of crap blocking the corner once again.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
You must mean the corner in Sosua going up to Hispanola. Corraplata have been working on this for almost a month. And now another pile of crap blocking the corner once again.

It's not just the corner. The disaster goes up the hill past Hispaniola Residency. It's one lane with mud, water and a dug up road. It's been two months now and no progress.

Reactions: Astucia
Status
Not open for further replies.