Is LIFE REALLY That Difficult?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I can't help but see that MANY people make such a big deal about things that should/could be considered "minor stuff"...ALL I can do is shake my head.

SOME examples:

1- A friend in the DR now says that she can't live without her husband (whom she dumped), even if he made her life miserable and treated her like shyt for MANY years...... She says her "life can NOT go on without him"....I guess he is her life and there are no other men in the DR....Talk about pathetic.

2- An acquaintance at work ALWAYS complaining about "life is not fair" only for the simple fact that he is ALWAYS broke, even on payday......I "rocked his world" real soon when I told him: "Life IS fair, just stop whining and get yourself a better job, or get a second job or just learn how to manage your money. As easy as that!!"....... I guess life IS fair when he is spending all his money on booze!!.

3- So MANY people on this site, especially the new members, who make such big deal about things that any normal person would think is "nothing" compared to the so MANY hardships life have thrown our way.

ALLLL of a sudden, MOST of what we hear are these "cries":

"I can't live without my boyfriend/girlfriend", "He/she treats me bad but I love him/her", "How can I go on without him/her?, "I lost my job, my life is ruined", "I met a DDD and he is unique, much better than the guys in my country, I can't live without him/her", "My significant other left me, I can't go on?", "Someone hurt me, I will never trust or love another person again".....

A LOT of people make it seem that a man/woman is ALL one needs to have a complete life....That life is ALLLL about a man/woman, .....FAT CHANCE!!!.

A LOT of people think that "LIFE" is going to come to them and make them happy, without them having to move a muscle.....FAT CHANCE!!.

SOME of us make such a BIG deal about "nothings" than it's really insane to compare SOME of our situations with real life challenges thrown at others...

How can SOME of us think that our world came to an end because someone left us, because someone lied to us, because someone dumped us, because we lost our jobs?....These "things" are NOT challenges since they CAN be fixed in time!!.

NOW, go tell a mother who lost her loving son that she will never see him again...,

NOW, go tell a son that he will NOT see the love of his life, his mother, ever again..,

NOW, go tell a mother and father their loving kid was killed for no reason....,

NOW, go tell parents their kid has a terminal desease and they will see him die little by little right in front of their eyes.....,

GOOOOO tell them that your situation is the same as theirs...That you being dumped by someone or losing your job have the same effect as they losing a loved one!!.

AFTER losing the most important person in your life, LIFE becomes VEEEEEERY easy to live.....

Life WILL NEVER be the same after that but you DO realize that if you can adapt to such hardship, NOTHING life throws your way can't be dealt with!!....

Have your priorities straight and then you will see for yourself that life is NOT that difficulf after all.

FOR ME (note: FOR ME):

LIFE is NOT short nor difficult......

LIFE is what YOU make of it!!.

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Well said Miguel. For me life is about attitude and perspective! It is okay to face hardship - honour your feelings, maybe do the self pity thing for a little while - but then damnit get on with life. If you think what you are facing is so bad take a good look at the people around you who REALLY have it bad.

For many people they need to realize it is time to stop wollowing in self pity and get on with life.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Exactly....

NOW, go tell a mother who lost her loving son that she will never see him again...,

Since I just had to go through this with my neighbour and good friend this week after losing her 18 year old son to an accidental hunting accident - yes, all these "little" problems that everyone on this board complain about do sound trivial.

If people would just stop and think about their problems and then relate them to "real tragedies", maybe they would realize that they are actually lucky to just be having normal everyday hiccups and that things are not as bad as they seem.

On a lighter note - at least you people in the DR who are having these problems are lucky enough to be IN THE DR, and not in a "deep freeze" like some of us! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL

Marlie

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
So right Miguel

Totally agree with you Miguel, some of the threads are unbelievable, the one about the cockroach! please. Look around you folks and see just how many people have real problems, especially today when those folk in the barrios still need help so badly and another storm just starting to hit. Maybe if some of these people went out into the community and saw real suffering they wouldnt be so wrapped up in their own little beds - even if it has a 100 cockroaches

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Oh come on purleez! Just because we moan about the little annoyances doesn't mean we don't have a sense of perspective! Anyway, LB - how do you know what anonymous fellow posters do or do not do to help their fellow humans?

Marlie, so sorry to hear about your neighbour's son.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De verdad?...

Oh come on purleez! Just because we moan about the little annoyances doesn't mean we don't have a sense of perspective!
Come on, give me a break!!!...I am NOT talking about a little "moan about the little annoyance".

I AM talking about SOME people drowning in a glass of water for ANY little problem they have, and trying to make it seem like it's the end of the world!.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I can't help but see that MANY people make such a big deal about things that should/could be considered "minor stuff"...ALL I can do is shake my head.

SOME examples:

1- A friend in the DR now says that she can't live without her husband (whom she dumped), even if he made her life miserable and treated her like shyt for MANY years...... She says her "life can NOT go on without him"....I guess he is her life and there are no other men in the DR....Talk about pathetic.

2- An acquaintance at work ALWAYS complaining about "life is not fair" only for the simple fact that he is ALWAYS broke, even on payday......I "rocked his world" real soon when I told him: "Life IS fair, just stop whining and get yourself a better job, or get a second job or just learn how to manage your money. As easy as that!!"....... I guess life IS fair when he is spending all his money on booze!!.

3- So MANY people on this site, especially the new members, who make such big deal about things that any normal person would think is "nothing" compared to the so MANY hardships life have thrown our way.

ALLLL of a sudden, MOST of what we hear are these "cries":

"I can't live without my boyfriend/girlfriend", "He/she treats me bad but I love him/her", "How can I go on without him/her?, "I lost my job, my life is ruined", "I met a DDD and he is unique, much better than the guys in my country, I can't live without him/her", "My significant other left me, I can't go on?", "Someone hurt me, I will never trust or love another person again".....

A LOT of people make it seem that a man/woman is ALL one needs to have a complete life....That life is ALLLL about a man/woman, .....FAT CHANCE!!!.

A LOT of people think that "LIFE" is going to come to them and make them happy, without them having to move a muscle.....FAT CHANCE!!.

SOME of us make such a BIG deal about "nothings" than it's really insane to compare SOME of our situations with real life challenges thrown at others...

How can SOME of us think that our world came to an end because someone left us, because someone lied to us, because someone dumped us, because we lost our jobs?....These "things" are NOT challenges since they CAN be fixed in time!!.

NOW, go tell a son that he will NOT see the love of his life, his mother, ever again..,

NOW, go tell a mother and father their loving kid was killed for no reason....,

NOW, go tell parents their kid has a terminal desease and they will see him die little by little right in front of their eyes.....,

GOOOOO tell them that your situation is the same as theirs...That you being dumped by someone or losing your job have the same effect as they losing a loved one!!.

AFTER losing the most important person in your life, LIFE becomes VEEEEEERY easy to live.....

Life WILL NEVER be the same after that but you DO realize that if you can adapt to such hardship, NOTHING life throws your way can't be dealt with!!....

Have your priorities straight and then you will see for yourself that life is NOT that difficulf after all.

FOR ME (note: FOR ME):

LIFE is NOT short nor difficult......

LIFE is what YOU make of it!!.

Oh, your words are so true... because its not until a true total disaster occurs that you appreciate the perspective of the lesser hardships in life. Some are far easier to move on from than others.. believe me, I know.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yo creo.....

Well said Miguel. For me life is about attitude and perspective! It is okay to face hardship - honour your feelings, maybe do the self pity thing for a little while - but then damnit get on with life. If you think what you are facing is so bad take a good look at the people around you who REALLY have it bad.

For many people they need to realize it is time to stop wollowing in self pity and get on with life.
Well said, LF you!!.

SOME people just do NOT know how to control their feelings...

I know people "mourning" being cheated on or dumped for YEEEEEARS!!.

How many times have you heard of a person not getting out of bed (or going to work) to feed their kids just because of a little life setback?.

It's like they do NOT know how to put their priorities straight!.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Unfortunately telling anyone to "get over it" because there are people in the world that have suffered more does not help lessen what pain the person is going through at the time.

This is not directed at anyone or anything on DR1 just my opinion.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
SOME people just do NOT know how to control their feelings...
Well this is learned as you grow up, so sometimes people havent learned how to do this.

I know people "mourning" being cheated on or dumped for YEEEEEARS!!.
Yes of course and they take it but when it happens that someone dumps you out of the blue its shocking and it takes time to assimilate because you were not ready for this. there's always one that's not ready for this, so its difficult for that person to accept and move on. It takes lots of support from different people and also a lot of work from the person going through the situation.

How many times have you heard of a person not getting out of bed (or going to work) to feed their kids just because of a little life setback?.
Some people suffer from depression, I went through a difficult situation a few years ago, and I couldn't eat,I lost 20 lbs!!!! I just kept playing the situation over and over in my head and I would ask God to help me through this but I would stay positive and think ahead. I kept telling myself, in a year things would be better, in a year this would be all over, "todo se cura" "el tiempo cura todo" time heals all wounds.

It's like they do NOT know how to put their priorities straight!.
Yes you are right, there is a time for mourning for crying and it has to stop at some point, life does go on but we must have that faith and trust that things WILL GET BETTER, THEY HAVE TO, the worse is over. Like Anna said you can't tell people to get over, lots of support and talking helps, and this way they can understand that time heals and that its not the end of the world.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Otra vez....

Since I just had to go through this with my neighbour and good friend this week after losing her 18 year old son to an accidental hunting accident - yes, all these "little" problems that everyone on this board complain about do sound trivial.

If people would just stop and think about their problems and then relate them to "real tragedies", maybe they would realize that they are actually lucky to just be having normal everyday hiccups and that things are not as bad as they seem.

Marlie
As I told you last week, I am sorry your friend, her family and friends, like you, are going through this painful situation.

Because of situations as serious as this one is that I can't help but shake my head when someone comes here "crying wolf" because of a situation as "important" as:

"I gave hell to the hotel's receptionist for not bringing my towels on time", or "my vacation was completely ruined because a few people begged on the streets and would not leave me alone" or "I will never go back to the DR because someone stole from me", or "I was taken advantage of, I will never trust anybody, ever again....AND SOME other million petty nonsense!!.

Are you fricking kidding me!!!.

Makes you wonder how SOME of these people will react when they are faced with a REAL problem!!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si, pero.....

Unfortunately telling anyone to "get over it" because there are people in the world that have suffered more does not help lessen what pain the person is going through at the time.

This is not directed at anyone or anything on DR1 just my opinion.
I understand what you are saying but you have to agree that there are MANY members who, when talking about a life setback, even if it's VEEEEERY minor, they make it seem like it's the end of the world.

For example, take that member who posted, a long time ago, that while on vacation, his vacation was completely ruined because the hotel personnel was not quick enough to bring him towels when he called.....HOW he went to the front desk and yelled and yelled and made an "scene" and made just about everybody around the front desk (workers and guests) uncomfortable...HE didn't care he was making an axx out of himself because he "paid for his vacation and now it was ruined".

For what, for something as petty as not getting towels on time?.

These type of "important" situations is what I am talking about.....So "important" that they sound pathetic!.

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Don't sweat the small stuff. It will make for a very unhappy and miserable person.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wasn't thinking of hotel services when I wrote that and problems with hotel services weren't included in your OP. :)

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Most people that are "miserable".............

........never take the time to be of service to others. They become so self centered that they only see whats wrong with "their life". The moment anyone takes the time to help others, to serve others, to see how they can make someone elses life better....then you find just how great life can be.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Don't sweat the small stuff. It will make for a very unhappy and miserable person.
For normal people, that would be a divine advice.

However, there are people that love being miserable.

They complain of the present, expect the worst possible outcome for the future, have a deep sense of fatalism towards everything; and because of that they are miserable.

And yet, its all a state of mind, but hey, try telling that to those who love being miserable. It will be to no avail.

For positive people, stick to your kind and to the miserable one's; good luck, or should I say bad luck since miserable people never expect anything good.

-NALs

Status
Not open for further replies.