New Mail Service in Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I learned today that there is a new mail service in Sosua run by Vimenca. The company that used to handle all the mail for EPS before EPS decided to do it on its own is reportedly offering this new service. People who use this service say there is a noticeable difference in the price.

Has anyone had experience with this service?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have used them in Santo Domingo, no problems. They are cheaper than EPS and are ran out of the old EPS offices in Miami.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Mike, it is the Vimenca/Western Union office on the ground floor of the Bommarito Building. It is on the corner by the stop light kitty corner from the big Playero.

Thanks, Robert, for your input. I am going there now to check it out.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
mail service

Does anybody know if their service is any faster than EPS?
I have been waiting for a week for an envelope, this is after it arrived in Miami! Letters from here (Sosua) to the U.S. east coast take from 2 -3 weeks. It seems that things have gotten much slower recently.
Ken

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Rob, do you like them better than EPS? What about the fact that you don't get email notifications when packages arrive?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Rob, do you like them better than EPS? What about the fact that you don't get email notifications when packages arrive?

I have only used them a couple of time, so hard to know how good they really are. I don't plan to drop EPS anytime soon.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I receive email notifications only when there is a tracking number. They are expensive and the way they arrive at the prices is the equivalent to a Dart Board.

One letter = 85 pesos Two letters = 104 pesos.

They are now automated and print out receipts as this is a cash only business !

All packages are opened, but I have only lost one package in 1.5 years and there is no problem with customs

I do not like the annual fee and there needs to be competiton as their prices are outrageous to say the least.

Let the competiton begin

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
E P S vs. Business Mail ? ? ?

How does EPS compare with Business Mail? In terms of timeliness of arriving & departing mail? In terms of costs? Thank you.