Murderers, drug dealers, rapists returned to DR

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
The worst possible alternative for a hard core Dominican criminal who served time in the States is to return to the Dominican Republic. They are much better protected in US jails, and the risk of their having "sung" to USA authorities makes them quite a local risk- many don't live past the year.

which is the main reason why tourists should really be careful who they hang around with. i was hanging with a guy in BC last year when i began to notice noone spoke to us wherever we went. come to find out he was a deportee that some locals suspected was a snitch and some how since i was american they thought i was an agent for the US. some locals told me if they decide to kill him if you're in the way then you'll get it too...scary....:cry:

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
I had not intended to take this any further, really I didn't, but.... I have been traveling on a regular basis to the DR since 1974. That is probably before many of the members of this board knew about the DR and even less find it on a map. Since then, I have witnessed an increase in criminal activity. I know some will say that this is happening everywhere. True. But, this board is not about what happens in France, Sri Lanka, or Mexico. It's about what happens in the D.R. Convicted felons being returned to the D.R. from the U.S. (or from anywhere) is not helping this country in any way, especially if there are no or few programs to help them out like Lambada indicated.

Something about "hearsay". For those of you who do not speak legalese "hearsay" means repeating something which you have heard from someone else. I married in Puerto Plata in 1986. Several years ago, one of my wife's younger nephews was shot and killed in a botched, carjacking attempt by a deported felon who had committed armed robbery in NYC. My wife's nephew was 24 and a college student when he was killed. I was not there at the moment of the his death. I was not there when the bullets ripped into his body and he died. My wife told me of the incident, so I guess that is hearsay because I am repeating it here, but did not see it myself. Guilty as charged... I was at his funeral and saw him buried. That is not hearsay because I witnessed that with my own eyes. I also heard my sister-in-law (who is a judge in Puerto Plata) say, "Mientras yo viva, ese hijo de la gran put@ se va a podrir en la carcel!" That is also not hearsay. I heard it very clearly with my own two ears. I rest my case.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Today's Listin Diario posts an article that states that 119 dangerous ex-convicts including murderers, drug dealers, rapists, and assorted others were just returned by the U.S. to live in the D.R. It also states that DR officials were warned that these men were "extremely dangerous". The article continues to state that over 4,000 ex-convicts were returned to DR in 2007 and that more than 5,000 Dominicans are in U.S. jails and prisons waiting to finish their prison terms and be sent back to the DR. Is it any wonder that crime rates continue to rise in this country? Sadly, these men are hardened criminals who having been in prison will not be able to find regular jobs in their own country. They will probably return to do what they know best: murder, sell drugs, rob, and do whatever else they were sent to prison for in the first place! Paradise lost?

Or they go and find jobs in call centers, I've met many of them during my "Thank God" short career working in a call center.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
I beleive the DR has the highest ratio of criminal deportees to population of any country in the world. But hey, someone has to sell drugs in the South Bronx. These career criminals will fit in with all the other scumbags on this island...

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I beleive the DR has the highest ratio of criminal deportees to population of any country in the world. But hey, someone has to sell drugs in the South Bronx. These career criminals will fit in with all the other scumbags on this island...

Lokks like some one ****ed in your cornflakes this morning. lol