US Exchange Rate

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Of topic...

Obviously I like getting more pesos for my US$/Pounds but it is like eating cream cakes - they are tasty in the short term but in the long run you pay the price.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
why should the EU bailout the US??

36.80 this morning in El Cortecito

the Euro went up a ood 15% in a very short time period,
the US$ is still on it's way downhill.
would be nice if they get their act together sometimes soon,
I make nearly all money in US$ Funds and it is darn expensive for me to by Euros for electricity Bills etc for my German House.
Mike

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
As much as the US fixed its debt problem... lol...

but I am getting 15% more for my Euro, compared to a month ago, and the dollar???...:bunny:
Neither has fixed any problems.

Too much debt, not enough political testosterone to actually fix the problems.

The future of neither is particularly bright.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
why should the EU bailout the US??

36.80 this morning in El Cortecito

the Euro went up a ood 15% in a very short time period,
the US$ is still on it's way downhill.
would be nice if they get their act together sometimes soon,
I make nearly all money in US$ Funds and it is darn expensive for me to by Euros for electricity Bills etc for my German House.
Mike

That's right...The U.S. had to bailout Europe.....Did Europe bailout the U.S. yet?...No. Which currency bailed the other?.....In essence, the Euro is in a downtrend from 2008-the USD has still not reached that prior level against the EUR for over two years now. Too many are getting fixated on the little retrace for the EUR over the last month or so. Let's see your numbers when we are at parity going forward.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
That's right...The U.S. had to bailout Europe.....Did Europe bailout the U.S. yet?...No. Which currency bailed the other?.....In essence, the Euro is in a downtrend from 2008-the USD has still not reached that prior level against the EUR for over two years now. Too many are getting fixated on the little retrace for the EUR over the last month or so. Let's see your numbers when we are at parity going forward.

let's hope or the Good of the USA that the Parity in the exchange rate will never happen.
if a Dollar would cost close to 1 Euro the European market would stop to import anything from the USA or spend Vacations there, too expensive, not worth the buck spend on such level,
the same quality products would be available cheaper on other markets.
Mike

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
36.9156-the bid for USD's by the Banco Central De La Republica Dominicana hoy. It would be more beneficial if we could include some discussion on the forward looking outlook for the USDDOP as it continues to head toward 37 and above.

PapaGG

May 31, 2010
exchange

Tuesday in Cabarete it was 36.8... no account exchange rate at one of the small money huts

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Sept 13 In Santiago....37.00
Calle del Sol No.94 Esq. Espana
(dentro del Mercado Modelo)
809-582-5451....Carlos Jorge