New Years Eve in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
LOL?I?m not saying anything else about this issue. I would say the pics are funny and Marco?s granddaughter looks hot.
4c1g5le.jpg
sock.jpg

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Wow,

Serious attitudes accross the board.

I will be in Cabarete on New Year's Eve as they have Live Bands on the beach with Fireworks!

Rocky's is good for Thanksgiving and the Real Estate Sales people can go to Rocky's for New Years, spreading good will into the barrios with wrapped presents.

This year I plan on donating a real glove and baseball bat package valued at $30.

Who receives it is another story.

Mar 2, 2008
"Who receives it is another story."

Just a couple of questions, Mike.

Who do you think is going to receive the glove and bat? If it's not for a kid in the barrio, why donate it? If the $30 glove and bat is your redemption for the year, why not hand it out yourself and see who gets it?

Are all the people who are involved in the gift-giving just real estate sales people? Is this another time-share promotion, reaching out to all that discretionary income that is waiting out there in the barrios?

Why do you think there are serious attitudes across the board? Is there any justifiable reason for those attitudes that you can see?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Rocky's in New Years Eve, I don't think so! Too many old people in there including the owner.

LOL. Well.... I for one am not old and of course I will be at Rocky's New Years Eve. It is the best New Years party I have ever been to and once you see the faces of the poor kids when we hand out those beautiful presents it will change your life. I know it changed mine.

Mark, perhaps if you went along one year instead of disrespecting Marco and his many good friends it would change your life and your attitude as well. For me, I just feel sorry for you.

To all the old people going to Rocky's on New Years..... Don't forget to bring your Depends... The champagne is surely going to flow for a long time. :)

Reactions: Rocky
M

Markf128

I have already said that I would be cautious the next time I make any reference to the senior community who goes to Rocky’s restaurant and its owner. I don’t think there is any farther need for name calling or feeling sorry for anybody.

On regards to Mike, he is entitled to his opinion like anybody else. I don’t see why you have to show hostility towards him and take things so personal. We can agree to disagree.

Mar 2, 2008
I don’t see why you have to show hostility towards him and take things so personal.

Do you really think asking questions is showing hostility? Then you have no idea what hostility is.

I am asking Mike questions because I would like to hear Mike's answers.

I don't care what you think about it, one way or the other.
But don't take that personally.

M

Markf128

Loosen Up

It is clear that you still upset. I hope you are able to let it go and loosen up.

kacuni

Nov 16, 2008
Yay, what have I started with my first post on this board? :D

It seems to me that Cabarete would be a better choice for me? I'm in my early 20s and just want to have the party of my lifetime. ;)

Though I'm interested what is going on at Rocky's with the kids?? Can explain someone, please?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There is an annual toy drive that starts around Thanksgiving and culminates on New Year's Eve. There is a huge dinner and all the champagne you can drink party at Rocky's on Dec. 31st. At around 11:00, a caravan is assembled which travels to some of the poorest neighborhoods in and around Sosua giving out 100's of presents to children who have in some cases never received a wrapped present. Afterwards everyone heads back to Rocky's to toast the new year and continue the party. Two years ago, I believe we went through well over 100 bottles of champagne.

Apparently there is a lot of real estate sales and promotion going on. It's like one big Carlton Sheets seminar! :bunny:

Since everyone at the party is so old, you will never see hot girls doing table dances and/or kissing each other, shot drinking contests, partial nudity, or any debauchery of any kind. It's not like anyone would ever head to Sosua beach and go skinny dipping after the party... ;)

Reactions: Rocky

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
LOL. Well.... I for one am not old and of course I will be at Rocky's New Years Eve. It is the best New Years party I have ever been to and once you see the faces of the poor kids when we hand out those beautiful presents it will change your life. I know it changed mine.

Mark, perhaps if you went along one year instead of disrespecting Marco and his many good friends it would change your life and your attitude as well. For me, I just feel sorry for you.

To all the old people going to Rocky's on New Years..... Don't forget to bring your Depends... The champagne is surely going to flow for a long time. :)

i hear Rocky does a tremendous job during the holidays. look at it this way, go to rocky's and there's no chica fee.

Reactions: FernieBee

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
If this is what the old people do on New Years Eve at Rocky's....

Then I guess I will always be hanging out with the old folks!!!

Oh, and for the skinny dipping pictures....if you weren't there...you don't get to see the pictures!! ;):bunny:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

NewYears2006107.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

NewYears2006082.jpg

NewYears2006165-1.jpg

P1010157.jpg

M

Markf128

I have to say that it is a very nice thing what you guys do for those kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.