Easter: Habichuelas con dulce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Speaking of the Holy Week, did any of you eat habichuelas con dulce in the DR? Did you like them?

Why do we eat sweet beans during the Easter season? (Believe me, I don't have the answer.)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Sorry Norma, I've tried them but don't like them. For that matter I don't like mondongo, malta india or that blood sausage they eat either. I eat everything thing else as far as I know.

May 31, 2005
LOL. I did not like mondongo at first. But I learned to like it over time. It is an acquired taste. I learned to like it because my mother likes it so much and used to make it all the time.

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Sorry Norma, I've tried them but don't like them. For that matter I don't like mondongo, malta india or that blood sausage they eat either. I eat everything thing else as far as I know.

It's OK, primo. This Dominican does not eat mondongo, tail, ears, morcilla (blood sausage) either.

Back to habichuelas con dulce: I don't think we, Dominicans, are the only ones that eat sweet beans. I once had a roommate from Japan who surprised me one day with a bowl of sweetened oriental beans. They were BAD!

(Moderator, you have the right to move this thread.)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I do like habichuelas con dulce but a little bit goes a long ways. All my friends eat all kinds of habichuelas con dulce. There is a joke there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.