What types of Jets does JetBlue fly?

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Anyone know what types of jets that JetBlue have in their inventory? - I am headed to the DR in a few weeks and this will be my first time flying with JetBlue. My flight from BOS to JFK is on a plane with 2 seats on each side of the aircraft. It appears that there are about 24 rows of seats.

Also, I am flying from JFK to SDQ at it looks like a standard aircraft.... Perhaps a AirBus style. Does this type of aircraft have a first class or business class or is everthing coach.

Also, I understand they have TVs in the back of the seats... how does this work? any costs?

What about food service.

Thanks!

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
JetBlue DR service is very good but with some setbacks Plane is a airbus 3 seats each side they have a first class i want to say three or 4 rows. There is no food they do serve snacks chips, peanuts and such. beverage service is standard cocktails 5.00. The direct t.v is just like your house were u can skip channels BUT.. when u pass over Florida and finish in the US so does the Direct T.V. No Cost..... Enjoy and have fun

SY

May 5, 2007
About the only think I have seen Jet Blue flying of late is Airbus 320's and Emraer 195's

If the seating is 2+2 it is likley an Embraer

Anyone know what types of jets that JetBlue have in their inventory? - I am headed to the DR in a few weeks and this will be my first time flying with JetBlue. My flight from BOS to JFK is on a plane with 2 seats on each side of the aircraft. It appears that there are about 24 rows of seats.

Also, I am flying from JFK to SDQ at it looks like a standard aircraft.... Perhaps a AirBus style. Does this type of aircraft have a first class or business class or is everthing coach.

Also, I understand they have TVs in the back of the seats... how does this work? any costs?

What about food service.

Thanks!

bjc1204

Jul 5, 2009
JetBlue aircraft types

JetBlue flies
Airbus A-320 for long trips, 3 by 3 seating all coach class.
Embrear 190 for short trips, 2 by 2 seating all coach class.
All flights have DirectTV & XM Satellite radio for free. You will loose the TV service 1/2 way thru the flight. But you can always buy a movie for $6.
Enjoy your trip.

bjc1204

Jul 5, 2009
Excellent compensation for not having the Direct TV for the entire flight. Last time I was on JetBlue to the DR there were no movies yet.
Thanks for the information.

May 5, 2007
My mistake

Sorry about my error, it is the 190 and not the 195 Jet Blue flies.

The 195 I was familiar with and have been passenger on with Jet Blue is simply a 190 stretched about six feet, same plane same engines etc., a few more passengers and naturally shorter range

From searching, the Embraer actually has wider seats than the airbus and since they removed several rows, as good pitch also (from web sources, NOT personal experience)

JetBlue flies
Airbus A-320 for long trips, 3 by 3 seating all coach class.
Embrear 190 for short trips, 2 by 2 seating all coach class.
All flights have DirectTV & XM Satellite radio for free. You will loose the TV service 1/2 way thru the flight. But you can always buy a movie for $6.
Enjoy your trip.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I flew to JFK & back last week with JB. Airbus 320 3 + 3 seats. I was VERY impressed with them and will definately use them again. It was only just over 3 hours so meals aren't realy needed.
As above, have a great trip!

edm7583

May 29, 2007
The movies on demand are no longer free. They used to give free access on Latin America/Caribbean flights since the aircraft loses the TV satellite signal when it leaves the continental US, but they stopped doing that as part of their attempt to get additional revenue to return to profitability. (Along with the 2nd bag fee, the $7 pillow and blanket set, and the $1 headphones which are no longer just given away. For DR flights, it's either pay for movies or look at a blank screen now.

That said, their overall product is excellent compared to the others. Living in Florida, it's not that practical for me to fly them as much as I would like though.(For me, its almost always either AA or Spirit) They started FLL-SDQ, but what would really be great is a FLL-STI or even a FLL-PUJ flight (using the E190 for both, they are comfortable for small planes and very efficient)

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Jetblue generally flies their A320's on their busy routes to the DR but having just flown back recently on their red-eye flight as part of their summer schedule, POP to JFK was an Embraer with the 2 + 2 configuration...not good for trying to stretch out and sleep with maybe only 10 passengers on board.

As always, great flight and service.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
...and Im very impressed that you're impressed,can we come with you next time lol

You certainly can but if we BOTH go to the U.S. at the same time, who is going to inject the humour into these threads? They may all end up talking about ribs LOL

dominicanpapi

Dec 9, 2003
I flew to SDQ from BOS via new york on 7/17 and the movies were free.
On 7/19 I flew back fom SDQ to BOS and the movies were free.

I usually prefer to watch something else like the national geographic channel but that is only available when the plane is near the United States.

On both flights there was no fish class. It was all coach with some sections of the plane having extra legroom. From new york to SDQ I was seating in row 2 with the extra legroom and it was pretty nice. I like being one of the first people out of the plane when it arrives.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I flew to SDQ from BOS via new york on 7/17 and the movies were free.
On 7/19 I flew back fom SDQ to BOS and the movies were free.

I usually prefer to watch something else like the national geographic channel but that is only available when the plane is near the United States.

On both flights there was no fish class. It was all coach with some sections of the plane having extra legroom. From new york to SDQ I was seating in row 2 with the extra legroom and it was pretty nice. I like being one of the first people out of the plane when it arrives.

Please PM or email me. I have questions for you .....

callmebunk@yahoo.com