puppy

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
hi,we just lost our chihuahua puppy of 7mths. to theft. my family and myself want another as soon as possible. need a no.1 or no. 0. preferably gold or light color. our puppy came from a private litter. i would like to know of a good, reputable,place to buy another. north coast or santiago. any help wii be app.

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
i brought it to airport with all due paperwork needed to travel to usa. when at airport with dog and two kids spirit air informed me they don;t take dogs international. i called beforehand to inquire and was given all info needed such as tax paid at airport animal health office. i told her where i was and where going. i stupidedly left it with family member who drove us to airport thinking i would return tomorrow to retrieve her.i could not afford to buy 3 oneway tickets and kids started school nexd day. all a huge mistake. it was either stolen or family member lost her. he says stolen

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
i have had dogs for 50 years. all passed for natural causes after being well-cared for in a good home for many years.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
hi,we just lost our chihuahua puppy of 7mths. to theft. my family and myself want another as soon as possible. need a no.1 or no. 0. preferably gold or light color. our puppy came from a private litter. i would like to know of a good, reputable,place to buy another. north coast or santiago. any help wii be app.

I think I might have some good news for you about your doggie. I know where one that has been found is. I will pm you.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Try calling me again on the home number. Codetel has just been and repaired the fault on the line. Or reply to my email and I will send you the photos someone is sending of the found dog. This little dog needs a home, he is thorough bred and he has been badly injured but is under medical care. So if anyone else is interested please let me know.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Photos of doggie needing a home

This doggie was found by the side of the road. She needs TLC and a good home. She is receiving medical care and attention from Judy at Judys Pet Lodge. If this is not ssarkas lost dog and anyone else is interested they can call Judy on 809 571 1167

LostinjuredChiDog2JPG.jpg
[/IMG]

Reactions: mountainannie

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Not to hijack... but while all the puppy people are here, I would like some input.

I have a puppy which I bought here from the local vet. I was told she was a ****zu Poodle but she looked like the terrier mutts I have had and loved in the States (sorta a Benji type, we called it the Walt Disney Terrier)

She is called Iko, although her full name is Iko Palomo Roxie Gunther.....due to various honorifics of past dogs and beloved names bestowed on her.

She is now 6 months old, smarter than most people I know, looks indeed like an odd cross between ****zu and daschund and some sort of Terrier.... She is small... so that she is easily paper trained... Has an ENCHANTING personality in that she is friendly to all... but is FIERCELY protective of me.

She knows almost everyone now in the neighborhood. Her walks are more like taking the Queen to see the court...

I have had 6 beloved dogs in my life, all adoptees... I have never bred any since they were foundlings...

But I would be willing and happy to let Iko have a litter, assuming that we found a proper Sire, perhaps just a bit smaller ****zu...

I do think that her puppies would be a blessing here in Santo Domingo... good companions, not as yippy as the little chihauaus (her best friend upstairs is one and they play every day), a really good little retriever, and just big enough to walk on a leash so that you don't feel silly.

Am I being foolish and sentimental here, with all the strays needing homes, or ???

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Not to hijack... but while all the puppy people are here, I would like some input.

I have a puppy which I bought here from the local vet. I was told she was a ****zu Poodle but she looked like the terrier mutts I have had and loved in the States (sorta a Benji type, we called it the Walt Disney Terrier)

She is called Iko, although her full name is Iko Palomo Roxie Gunther.....due to various honorifics of past dogs and beloved names bestowed on her.

She is now 6 months old, smarter than most people I know, looks indeed like an odd cross between ****zu and daschund and some sort of Terrier.... She is small... so that she is easily paper trained... Has an ENCHANTING personality in that she is friendly to all... but is FIERCELY protective of me.

She knows almost everyone now in the neighborhood. Her walks are more like taking the Queen to see the court...

I have had 6 beloved dogs in my life, all adoptees... I have never bred any since they were foundlings...

But I would be willing and happy to let Iko have a litter, assuming that we found a proper Sire, perhaps just a bit smaller ****zu...

I do think that her puppies would be a blessing here in Santo Domingo... good companions, not as yippy as the little chihauaus (her best friend upstairs is one and they play every day), a really good little retriever, and just big enough to walk on a leash so that you don't feel silly.

Am I being foolish and sentimental here, with all the strays needing homes, or ???

I have a very similar dilemma in that we have a top class Rottweiler bitch who is now 2.5 years old. She is currently 'in season' and I would love her to have a litter of pups but my big question is 'do I have the right to bring more dogs into this country?' Are the beautiful pedigree animals at just as much risk of abuse as the lovely Dominican street dogs?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Well, IKO is not a beautiful pedigree animal... she is just a great Mutt with good looks, and a very pleasant temperment..

I did in fact BUY her, the first animal I have ever BOUGHT... but clearly, she is not any sort of pedigree, not even the Shihtzu Poodle cross that is almost acceptable,--- there were definitely a daschund and a terrier back in the family tree. But she does have the Shihtzu pointed feet, and the smushy sorta face, and the GREAT devotion to person which is so grand in that breed.

For a good Rottweiler, with real papers, and a good temperment... I think that even the Street Dogs would agree that at least one litter would help generally improve the stock here.

And I know that Rotties are in HUGE demand here as guard dogs since they are not only GOOD at it, but they can be just terrifying to look at...- But perhaps you are concerned about what sort of homes the puppies would go to?

One breeding site I found said do not breed unless you are willing to keep all the puppies... and that was certainly a show stopper for me.

You know that the French, who are dog insane, bless them! Started a great street dog project in Las Terrenas where they neuter the street dogs... and the return them to the beach, etc... GREAT program..

Anyway, I hoping that folks will jump on me perhaps... because,,, well,, it is a lot of work.. in an apartment and all....

For you, I guess the question would be finding a proper Sire......

any one here, the good DR1 family, have a possible?

And is there a demand for the puppies, I guess that is what we are both trying to sort through.

(and you do sell lamb, I see, any where I can find any of it in Santo Domingo?)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am almost certain that Maggie's pups would be in high demand especially if she was mated with a very good sire but my fear still lies in the fact that, unlike us, people do not necessarily think of keeping their dogs for a lifetime. The person that may want/ need a Rottweiler here for whatever reason may not consider its importance when they choose to leave the DR. Indeed, Maggie herself (at just 4 months old) was sold to us by friends who decided to leave their home in Sosua and live in Spain. I would be very interested to know if someone has a top class male Rottie though.... but, again, I question whether this island needs more dogs and perhaps it is better to adopt a needy doggy friend who will be equally loyal and protective. That is probably why/ how we now have 10 dogs!

I think Matilda has found a source for lamb down south so perhaps you could ask her where Annie.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
yes, thanks

I think you know the answer to whether it is right to bring more dog lives into the country or not, that is pretty obvious when so many are looking for homes as it is. You can't gain in any way other than finacially and I expect that if it is the finacial gain that attracts you to producing more dogs, question just how much of a doggy person you are. If it is because you want to see the cute little ones running around her mother, try to look at the bigger picture.
I don't mean any offense at all by this, but for me it is a simple answer that doesn't even need consideration.

welll, I consider myself a great doggie person...Several people in my family have been professional breeders and trainers etc, in the States. But as I said, I have only had adoptees and rescued dogs.

And certainly there is no question of financial gain involved, since I was only thinking of one litter, and would have all their initial shots and care and such... So it was not about that.

It was really about changing the perception that dogs that are for personal protection have to be yippy little unfriendly things....Because THIS particular dogs brings love and sunshine to everyone she meets, and has added joy to the neighborhood. A much deeper sort of companion than the traditional personal protection dogs that are kept here, particularly by the women.

But you are right, there are plenty of abandoned dogs, even here in the neighborhood.......

So I am calling the Vet. As Iko is now 6 months and the males are getting more interested in her.

so thanks.....