D'Arcy Wright - Phone Records & Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I'm going to assume Conchman is a tennis player and not a Lambi, as may otherwise be interpreted by his Dee R Won handle, BUT...

This pretty much sums it up. There is just nothing in the history of in the threads or other credible news source [The Hamiltonian??] that would indicate some kind of "grand scheme". It was simply a last ditch effort to dump a few brain cells over some bottles of "rompe cr---" and a couple of cueros down here in Del Boca Vista. The "alleged accomplices", as well, did a pi-- poor job with the collateral documentation, the ensuing investigation and its inherent sloppy Columbo wannabe management.

No glamorous "Great Train Robbery", Sting, or "Catch Me If You Can" architecture here folks. Sorry to disappoint.

Unfortunately, apart from potential contract fraud and a few "Miss" demeanors, the most sexy crime committed here is multiple counts of wasting everyone's time and money.

The Fat Man has spoken.

Its obvious to me that this event was not planned in advance, because there would have been 'evidence' planted and the doors not locked, etc.

FYI - The handle 'Conchman' came about the fiery conch salad I used to make when I lived in The Bahamas. Its made much differently than any 'ensalada lambi' you would get here.

Reactions: DavidZ

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Much like a liability case in the States--if I were judge, I would rule that there is "shared liability" here. Assigning percentages is tempting, but I will hold off on that. Suffice it to say that D'Arcy et al still bear the liars' share of the liability.
How do yo know that D borrowed the money and what basis do you have to assume that C & S should have known the business would fail under D?

I think it is obvious that C & S wanted D to succeed and were counting on it happening otherwise they would not have extended him credit for more than half the price and they certainly would not have thrown their car into the deal.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
He borrowed the money from the sellers. Perhaps not the bulk of the money, but a high enough percentage of the purchase price to have grievously wounded the sellers when he couldn't pay it.

Yes, I realize that people of all stripes buy businesses in the DR--that's why I said "the rules are different". I am suggesting that this "buyer" had a few obvious bad habits that, when combined with the inability to pay full price, made him an unqualified buyer.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
...and since he may indeed be a "monger", then the sellers of this business may well have missed out on a few character flaws that should have raised a red flag.

Forgive me--I am not a Puritan--but a "monger" who needs to borrow the money buy a business in Sosua is not my idea of the best prospect to sell to.

People who sell real estate or who sell businesses are trained to "QUALIFY THE BUYER" first and foremost.

This may be the goofiest notion I've ever read about. "Mongers" as you call them are in every corner of our society (Corporate Leaders, Governors, Congressmen and more than a few Heads of State). What in the World does that have to do with someone's ability perform professionally or financially, especially when the "mongering" they're doing is NOT against the law and what they're mongering is cheaper than a decent meal where they came from?

How about not selling businesses to "Hypocrites"? Now there's a big Red Flag.

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
People trying to lay the blame on Curt and Sandi for selling the business to a loser like D'arcy are posting incredibly ridiculous explanations to back their position.

And how many of them, had they been asked for advice beforehand, would have said ?of course you should loan him the money. He?s a stand-up guy. He?s good for it.? ?

Reactions: rellosk

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
He borrowed the money from the sellers. Perhaps not the bulk of the money, but a high enough percentage of the purchase price to have grievously wounded the sellers when he couldn't pay it.

Yes, I realize that people of all stripes buy businesses in the DR--that's why I said "the rules are different". I am suggesting that this "buyer" had a few obvious bad habits that, when combined with the inability to pay full price, made him an unqualified buyer.

The money borrowed from the sellers was on "paper only" ther was no physical cash loaned it was for contractual purposes.

D'Arcy , in essence bought a business with about 50% down and payments which would increase after the first year.

He would have had to get more properties under contract to meet these payments and still live the " life '.

He lied about knowing the software and was in over his head and conchman summed it up quite nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry to be so late in coming into this free-for-all but following the assertion of a 'very well informed' member of these forums that numerous red faced & guilty supporters of D'Arcy would be leaving from Puerto Plata airport today, I went to say my good friends Goodbye.

Strangely not ONE of my 'Embarrassed' friends showed up!! I waited until 30 minutes ago & decided that the 'Well Informed' person had his Head in the SKY!!
Sorry to disappoint you but nearly everyone of us who have maintained our concerns for D'Arcy's welfare AND STILL DO, are not the sorts who would run away in embarrassment

All of us in the "Inner Circle" (as it is being wrongly described), have received much abuse from those who know little or nothing about what has been going on but feel sufficiently capable of casting snide comments about us. I am proud to be associated with those on DR1, I.S.O.C & non board associated people who have devoted their time & effort so nobly to help a fellow human being. BUT ....... Just Who are we & WHAT are we supposed to have done that caused this whole debacle??

I have a lot more to say but until this stupidity of firing first & asking questions afterwards ceases I shall let you all keep chasing around in circles as you appear to be doing, trying to find another target to have a go at!! ~ Grahame.

MyBocaChica

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2010
Its obvious to me that this event was not planned in advance, because there would have been 'evidence' planted and the doors not locked, etc.

FYI - The handle 'Conchman' came about the fiery conch salad I used to make when I lived in The Bahamas. Its made much differently than any 'ensalada lambi' you would get here.

yes, please the recipe hermano :)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I will first say I do not know Darcy, nor Curt no Sandy and live a long way away from the North Coast. However I have always believed in fact and not rumour nor gossip. So I have listened to the taped interview, and I am sure all of you commenting on here have too, and that you understand it perfectly. But just in case here is my list of the highlights.

He stayed there for 8 days
He did not have a suitcase, but a small bag
He was alone
The first thing he asked for was food
He was not sick
He did ask for headache tablets once
He was in his room day and night or sitting by the pool. He did not go in the pool.
He never left the hotel
He did not have a cell phone
He ordered cigarettes and Brugal from the colmado
The day he left he was on the computer for 2 or 3 hours

Those are the key highlights.

My comments are as follows - and many of you may be right that the kidnapping was all a hoax. But.....

1. Where was he for the previous 10 days?
2. If he had been drugged with say Rophynol, it leaves no trace after 72 hours, no visible evidence of being drugged, but a complete or partial memory loss, and headaches.
3. He had no suitcase
4. He was not sick - but to Dominican sick is fever, or influenza, or a cold ....
5. If he was on a jolly why not go out???
6. They said he had no cell phone - not that they did not see it? if he was by the pool you would have your phone with you???
7. The computer was only used on the last day - why not the rest of the time??

So whilst all of this is very interesting, I for the life of me cannot see how it proves that the whole thing was a fake! It is just as likely that Darcy was kidnapped and drugged as he said and for some reason ended up in Boca Chica.

There is no proof it was him using his cell phone, and to my mind the hotel interview proves more that he was trying to get his head together, rather than living it up!!!

But then what do I know??!!!

Matilda

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sorry to be so late in coming into this free-for-all but following the assertion of a 'very well informed' member of these forums that numerous red faced & guilty supporters of D'Arcy would be leaving from Puerto Plata airport today, I went to say my good friends Goodbye.

Strangely not ONE of my 'Embarrassed' friends showed up!! I waited until 30 minutes ago & decided that the 'Well Informed' person had his Head in the SKY!!
Sorry to disappoint you but nearly everyone of us who have maintained our concerns for D'Arcy's welfare AND STILL DO, are not the sorts who would run away in embarrassment

All of us in the "Inner Circle" (as it is being wrongly described), have received much abuse from those who know little or nothing about what has been going on but feel sufficiently capable of casting snide comments about us. I am proud to be associated with those on DR1, I.S.O.C & non board associated people who have devoted their time & effort so nobly to help a fellow human being. BUT ....... Just Who are we & WHAT are we supposed to have done that caused this whole debacle??

I have a lot more to say but until this stupidity of firing first & asking questions afterwards ceases I shall let you all keep chasing around in circles as you appear to be doing, trying to find another target to have a go at!! ~ Grahame.

Grahame I have one question for you and it is a simple yes or no. Was this a kidnapping?

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
6. They said he had no cell phone - not that they did not see it? if he was by the pool you would have your phone with you???
How would they know he didn't have a cell phone?
Did they strip search him?
Obviously they mean they never saw him with one.
Maybe it was in his shoe.

D'Arcy did have his phone which allegedly was broken.
It was claimed that the kidnappers did not take his money or iphone.

If he did not have his phone at the hotel in BC, where did he recover it from later?

MyBocaChica

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2010
I It is just as likely that Darcy was kidnapped and drugged as he said and for some reason ended up in Boca Chica.

Matilda

Yeah, because 2 weeks of propofol, sodium thiopental, etomidate, and/or ketamine wouldn't kill him. And because these "very polite" abductors were apparently Anesthesiologists, in order to keep in such a prolonged state while monitoring his blood pressure, pulseOx, and other vitals, etc. without killing him like MJ :)

Just a trucker's opinion.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Yeah, because 2 weeks of propofol, sodium thiopental, etomidate, and/or ketamine wouldn't kill him. And because these "very polite" abductors were apparently Anesthesiologists, in order to keep in such a prolonged state while monitoring his blood pressure, pulseOx, and other vitals, etc. without killing him like MJ :)

Just a trucker's opinion.

How do you know what drugs he was given??? Please confirm that you have lsitened to the tape and understood it???

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for the recipe

To the tune of "Thanks for the memories."
Mack.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
sneaky

If he did not have his phone at the hotel in BC, where did he recover it from later?

More importantly why didn't he "phone home"?

If he could call orders for cerveza & smokes why couldn't he "phone home"?

When he got back where did he stay?

This is a pattern and it doesn't say anything good about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.