New & Renewal Cedula, Residency Cards & Drivers License

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
POP must be more relaxed.... in all ways - not just the VIP.

They simply asked me for my blood type.... like an optional question...If you don't know it, they don't seem to care.

The video test isn't all that hard... I think I could have passed on my own but another finger kept beating me to the button.

WW

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I don't mean to be redundant, but I just want to make sure I have everything in order to get residency when I go because I have read people have problems, especially with the police reports.

So in total, I will need:

1. birth certificate
2. passport
3. social security card?
4. police report of current city

anything else i have missed? and i'm not exactly sure about the SSN thats why i have the ? after...thanks again for the help

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't mean to be redundant, but I just want to make sure I have everything in order to get residency when I go because I have read people have problems, especially with the police reports.

So in total, I will need:

1. birth certificate
2. passport
3. social security card?
4. police report of current city

anything else i have missed? and i'm not exactly sure about the SSN thats why i have the ? after...thanks again for the help

There is more to it than that. Here is the official list:

DGM - Servicios - Extranjeria - Residencias Provisionales (Adultos)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Renewed my residency today.
Arrived at 8.30am and was out of there by 11am.

Had to go VIP as I'm travelling next week and they told me it's a 3 day wait to pick up the new card if you don't.

It's pretty painless and the procedure is as described in previous posts.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and you always get them together at the first Time, none available without the other.
after Your 1st Year with the temporarily residency and Cedular You get the permanent Residency issued for 2 Years(needs only to be renewed after 2 years/Tax paying, no further process,med check etc) and the cedula for 6 Years(also on expirattion just renewal due Tax paying, no further med checks etc).
but as a foreigner You can't get one without the other,
they go as twins.
Mike

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We have our residency card. We also have our Biometric Cedulars. On paper, from 2 years ago. For whatever reason the Gov. won't or is unable to provide the new cedulas. Does anyone really know what is going on?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We have our residency card. We also have our Biometric Cedulars. On paper, from 2 years ago. For whatever reason the Gov. won't or is unable to provide the new cedulas. Does anyone really know what is going on?

Don't worry about it, it really isn't important. Residency is the only one that it is important to keep current. I have a current cedula, but still carry my old one. For purposes of identification, the old cedula is as good as the new one.

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
Hey everybody. this is great information. Thanks all for you help and input.

Gringo here for a three years. I received my Cedula and Residency Card in 2009, but my card expired last December.

I need to renew my residency card (Permiso Residencia Temporal )
but I am confused.

Do you to have the medical tests and blood exams re-done for a renewal? Foresteros detailed experience didnt mention the medical and blood tests.

Assuming this list of requirements on the immigration website is only for first time residency cards and does no apply to renewals?
DGM - Servicios - Extranjeria - Residencias Provisionales (Adultos)

I went thru a major process to get my first cedula and residency card. Had to have a sponsor and all that, chest Xray, blood test, spent 4 hours at the office in santo domingo. I am praying to the lord above, i can just go with my residency card, passport, cedula ball point pen to get this residency card renewed. I arrived inl late 2007 and finished all the crap for my cedula and residency card in January 2008. Well they said they werent issuing any new cedulas until after the presidential election haha. Didnt get my card until November 2009 and it expired 30 days later.

This government is such a joke, but I still love this place.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.....Do you to have the medical tests and blood exams re-done for a renewal? Foresteros detailed experience didnt mention the medical and blood tests.
If you are going from temporary to permanent the answer is yes. It is pretty much the same procedure all over again.

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
According to Mike, after the first year you have get the permanent? Oh no. Does this mean i have to take the test? I am getting this renewed becuase I plan to open up a store.

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
When I got my original cedula they did a retinal eye scan and promised me free VIP service next time. Havent been able to see out that eye since

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
I really need to get this first renewal before next wednesday. Thining about going monday if its easy. Really hoping I can get the renewal like Forestero. Passport, Cedula, old residency card, ballpoint pen and dinero and ton of patience. No medical tests, new sponsors, criminal background please?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I really need to get this first renewal before next wednesday. Thining about going monday if its easy. Really hoping I can get the renewal like Forestero. Passport, Cedula, old residency card, ballpoint pen and dinero and ton of patience. No medical tests, new sponsors, criminal background please?

Sorry to tell you but you do the same procedure all over. Take the medical, hand in all your paperwork...........and wait several months before they notify you. This is not a one day deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.