Dog crate/kennel needed for travel ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Hello,

Does anyone know of anywhere on the North Coast...Sosua/POP area where a dog kennel/crate approved for airline travel is available??

New or used doesn't matter.

We've checked with Dr.Bob, and Judy from the Pet Lodge and they don't have anything available at the moment.

My dog is about 55-60lbs at the moment.

Thinking she will be flying Air Canada Cargo...not with either one of us. Really worried how she will take flying....don't think she will like it too much.

Any advice or tips from anyone who has sent their dog cargo before?

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks will check there.

We have heard different stories on if they will or won't allow her to fly during this time of year. But the latest news from the Air Canada rep in POP, who checked with Miami, is that they will allow her to fly now.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cargo is climatised... so not cold..... airlines worry about the tarmac temperature, so it depends where in Canada you're landing.

Its always hot in RD and they fly in w/o a problem.

Yes, I've used cargo... the pain is that the checkin is not usually the counter for humans.... often a different bldg.
Continental EWR - POP is that way.... check the dog one place, check-in at another --- same 2way deal at POP.... plus $375 oneway for the dog:surprise

I had an extra kennel but donated it to the rescue people in Cabrera

WW

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Hello,

Does anyone know of anywhere on the North Coast...Sosua/POP area where a dog kennel/crate approved for airline travel is available??

New or used doesn't matter.

We've checked with Dr.Bob, and Judy from the Pet Lodge and they don't have anything available at the moment.

My dog is about 55-60lbs at the moment.

Thinking she will be flying Air Canada Cargo...not with either one of us. Really worried how she will take flying....don't think she will like it too much.

Any advice or tips from anyone who has sent their dog cargo before?

Are you also coming back with the dog - or is it just one way? I have one, but will want to use it myself again at some stage.......

Last edited:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
swellsurfcampcabarete - I've sent you a PM. Dog is going one-way, but I will be back and would be more than happy to bring it back for you!!

william - that's what I had been thinking too..the restrictions are for flying when it's over 29 degrees, however it is over 29 degrees most if not all of the year in the DR I would say!! Also I believed the cargo planes have A/C and temp control!

windeguy - we checked it out. crates were VERY expensive there!! But thanks for the suggestion!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
swellsurfcampcabarete - I've sent you a PM. Dog is going one-way, but I will be back and would be more than happy to bring it back for you!!

william - that's what I had been thinking too..the restrictions are for flying when it's over 29 degrees, however it is over 29 degrees most if not all of the year in the DR I would say!! Also I believed the cargo planes have A/C and temp control!

windeguy - we checked it out. crates were VERY expensive there!! But thanks for the suggestion!

It may be those restrictions are for pets shipped with the passenger in the luggae section.
Cargo is a totally different system and may be exempt.... ask the carrier.

Good luck

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.