Crazy Pizza Guy Back In Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
oh no. i dont care for chicago pizza much at all.

i like a nice thin and crispy crust.

i have never been to new york, or tried REAL new york pizza, however, i have had what some consider new york STYLE pizza, and the crust was too floppy for me.

when i see new yorkers (in the media) take a big piece and fold it in half.. no way, not for me. thats not crispy.

in "the sosua area" the two best pizzas i have had, and each for thier own reasons.... rockys, and oh la vache .

i love the cheese and whole garlic and sauce that rick has on his pies. over at oh la vache, i really love thier crust, and thier sauce, but thier toppings dont entice me.

i will definately be driving over to cabarete to try antonios.

and i have a veritable laundry list of of shops i am supposed to visit when i go to nyc next summer.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

i have never been to new york, or tried REAL new york pizza, however, i have had what some consider new york STYLE pizza, and the crust was too floppy for me.

when i see new yorkers (in the media) take a big piece and fold it in half.. no way, not for me. thats not crispy.

in "the sosua area" the two best pizzas i have had, and each for thier own reasons.... rockys, and oh la vache .

i love the cheese and whole garlic and sauce that rick has on his pies. over at oh la vache, i really love thier crust, and thier sauce, but thier toppings dont entice me.

and i have a veritable laundry list of of shops i am supposed to visit when i go to nyc next summer.

Listen to AE and Badpiece, NYC pizza is the best!!!!

Listen guy Rockys is a great place to go but to say he has the best pizza??? What in the name of God are you smoking man????

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
Listen guy Rockys is a great place to go but to say he has the best pizza??? What in the name of God are you smoking man????

im sorry. i thought we just discussed that pizza is a personal preferance.

am i now not entitled to my own opinion?

yes, i happen to love everything about his pizza (but the crust could use some work)

and newsflash, i DONT like the ribs.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

How else would you eat pizza?
I somehow can not imagine you using a knife a fork to eat pizza!

I will treat you to real pizza when you come to NYC.
This is one of my favorite pies at Two Boots.

2iv0680.jpg

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
How else would you eat pizza?
I somehow can not imagine you using a knife a fork to eat pizza!

I will treat you to real pizza when you come to NYC.
This is one of my favorite pies at Two Boots.

2iv0680.jpg

you cut a smaller triangle and eat it with the topping side up and the crust down.

you do not fold pizza in half and make a sandwich out of it . :)

that looks absolutely delicious tambo!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Sorry !

Too greasy, too much tomatoes sauce, too much of a mediocre cheese,weird crust....All these years in NYC, I have yet to find a single pizza comparable to the ones I had in Italy and even France :(

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
Extreme, a Miami bagel shop started to import NYC water to make their bagels!! A survey conducted to customers revels that they do notice the difference, however, I'm not too convinced it really does...come on city water??

it actually does make a differance.

the minerals, sediments, and lime, in water will vary based on the locale. not to mention the methods used for cleaning and distribution to the tap.

we did a lot of testing with our dough, and the differance between tap water and bottled water made a huge differance.

heck, the temperature of the water at the time of adding it to the yeast makes a massive differance in the outcome of the dough.

importing nyc tap water down to miami is certainly extreme imo and while i agree it makes a differance, i doubt it makes THAT much of one.

the customers probably do notice a change.

the same change would have probably been noticed by switching to another water source in miami as well. ie: any old bottled or filtered water.

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
I kind of like their pizza. Antionio was just brought in as a start up consultant. He does not work there but the pizza is much that same as his was.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I had the pizza last night and I loved the flavor, just the right amount of sauce, oh and I had double cheese....yummy! the crust is thin (but I like it like that) and could have been left in the oven just a tad longer but it was GOOD! I'll be having it again.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
The only real "pizza" is from New Haven and New York.

That said, Oh La Vace was suprisingly good for the DR but the subject of pizza is more of flash point than talking about the chicas in Sosua.

Reactions: Bronxboy

BIGBOY21

Sep 15, 2010
Too greasy, too much tomatoes sauce, too much of a mediocre cheese,weird crust....All these years in NYC, I have yet to find a single pizza comparable to the ones I had in Italy and even France :(

tHATS WHAT I SAID THE CHEES IS JUST BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I think the problem with the DR pizzas is that the makers don't have easy access to the ingredients as US pizza makers do, hence meats, cheeses, tomato sauces that lack taste and quality....but that's life in a 3rd world country -- and I don't mean that cruelly or in a bad way, just stating a trueism, in my opinion.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
What pizza place are you two referring to?

I was referring to pizzas in NYC (I heard countless claims that there are the best in the world, may be I haven't been to the right place...)
In DR, I have had good pizzas but this was in LT and the owners were Italians and French.

Status
Not open for further replies.